Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Building a News Site with HTML & CSS

NewsProject

Legendary Coder
I am thinking about building a news site using HTML & maybe CSS.
Where to begin? Any feedback is welcome.
Any suggestions on what to add on there?
Feel free to guide me. Thank you.

Last edited:
Depending on what you'd like to accomplish at the beginning, you can focus on HTML and CSS to get an understanding of the page rendering side of things (paragraphs, headers, text formatting and alignment, CSS control over these things) or use a ready made solution like WordPress which would give you an infrastructure to focus developing the content.

For news sites and others that rely on content that is not embedded into the HTML/CSS/JS, there is a whole other level to consider when planning how you would manage content (like news articles, possibly user accounts) versus formatting and displaying it (which is where HTML/CSS would come in). I guess start simple and go for basic HTML/CSS at the beginning.

Depending on what you'd like to accomplish at the beginning, you can focus on HTML and CSS to get an understanding of the page rendering side of things (paragraphs, headers, text formatting and alignment, CSS control over these things) or use a ready made solution like WordPress which would give you an infrastructure to focus developing the content.

For news sites and others that rely on content that is not embedded into the HTML/CSS/JS, there is a whole other level to consider when planning how you would manage content (like news articles, possibly user accounts) versus formatting and displaying it (which is where HTML/CSS would come in). I guess start simple and go for basic HTML/CSS at the beginning.
Thinking of using a basic and easy website builder. Got any suggestions?

I think wordpress is a good place to start.
Although you'll have to make some adjustments to make it safe.

There's nothing wrong with 3rd party sources.
This is the ignorance of web developers that will lead us all to ruin.
If you don't care about your users, it is already interesting for you; If your external provider has problems, your website is offline.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom