Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Canadian Introduction

gothictrade

Well-Known Coder
Hello,

I just joined the forum this morning.
When I was younger, in middle school, I was really interested in game development and I learned a bit of C++ (forgotten now) and also used some easy software like Game Maker to put it together with minimal coding. From that point forward I didn't really put my mind towards anything coding or programming related and I mostly just used the internet for social media & watching videos on youtube. I got pretty good with Sony Vegas but thats about it.

However I did have a hobby of learning languages and I can read and write and speak some Japanese & Korean, a little bit of Chinese and Spanish, and I really want to learn some Russian and Turkish in the future!

This year I am getting back into coding and theres a lot that interests me.
I'm starting off with HTML and CSS, I'm following youtube tutorials and looking at online forums and just making some practice websites. Right now I'm more on the learning HTML end and I will transition into learning more CSS soon. After that I would like to learn JavaScript and Python, however I'm not sure which I will do first - so I'm open to suggestions if you feel like one is better learned before the other.
I also really want to get back into graphic design, and I'd like to get a tablet and work on some drawings and stuff but I think if theres anything I need to invest in first it would be a better laptop so I can use it for my coding and programming with a bit less... lag and shutdown lol.
But yeah in terms of things I am interested in I will do a bit of a run through... Please excuse me if I use the wrong terms or am misunderstanding the concepts of some things, I am new and getting back into all of this...

• HTML
  • CSS
  • Javascript (&Maybe JQuery?)
  • Python
  • WebDesign
  • C++
  • Graphic Design
  • Cyber Security
  • Servers & How they work
  • Unity
  • Blender
  • 3D Architecture Design
  • Rhino & Grasshopper
  • Data and sorting it
  • Using Excel more efficiently
  • Coding things to make things more accessible and usable for people
  • Just general accessibility stuff
I am open to talking about any and all of this stuff if you have insight, as well as talking about language studies because that's also a passion of mine. I live in Canada ^_^
I'm also really into music.

Nice to meet you all~

Hello @gothictrade! Welcome to Code Forum! :)

We have a few similarities; I too stopped coding for a while but recently went back into it. And honestly, our list isn't too far off, I learned HTML, CSS but moving onto C++.

P.S Also from Canada!

If you need any help please feel free to ask, and remember helping others helps you learn aswell!

Hello @gothictrade! Welcome to Code Forum! :)

We have a few similarities; I too stopped coding for a while but recently went back into it. And honestly, our list isn't too far off, I learned HTML, CSS but moving onto C++.

P.S Also from Canada!

If you need any help please feel free to ask, and remember helping others helps you learn aswell!

Can I ask where in Canada you are from? (General region if you aren't comfortable with specifics.)
Good luck with C++!! Lets do well~~~

Can I ask where in Canada you are from? (General region if you aren't comfortable with specifics.)
Good luck with C++!! Lets do well~~~
I'm from Ottawa, Canada!
Thank you, thank you, good luck to you aswell!

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom