Code Forum Application

TableFlipGod

Active Coder
May 13, 2019
I'm not blaming you for using an obfuscator, but publishing the code (even if it's not beautiful and perfect) might make more sense.
People can help you by pointing out possible bugs/errors, and the whole thing would look a lot less sketchy.
Ye but the whole point for me to learn ( i learn alot differently) is to find out how the bugs work and when i obfuscated it. its so people couldnt de-obfuscate it and get the code and steal my idea ;(

sn0w

Coder
Jun 6, 2019
[DATA EXPUNGED]
when i obfuscated it its so people couldnt de-obfuscate it and get the code and steal my idea ;(
From what I've seen so far, the people here are really nice.
I don't think any of us would want to take your project and sell it as ours.

If you want to work and learn alone, that's perfectly fine.
Nobody here is forcing you to make your stuff public or to accept our help.
But if you choose to work this way, you might want to try and use obfuscation methods that cause less sketchy results.
One thing I would recommend is limiting yourself to "symbol renaming", which basically just renames every class/method/variable/etc to random stuff.
This is not the most secure option, but it makes reversing your code economically unfeasible, while causing less (if any) antivirus false-positives.

TableFlipGod

Active Coder
May 13, 2019

But if you choose to work this way, you might want to try and use obfuscation methods that cause less sketchy results.
One thing I would recommend is limiting yourself to "symbol renaming", which basically just renames every class/method/variable/etc to random stuff.
This is not the most secure option, but it makes reversing your code economically unfeasible, while causing less (if any) antivirus false-positives.
Yea ive noticed that ive been on like more toxic forums where everyone is just cancer so i have to get used to a nice and helpful environment :)

TableFlipGod

Active Coder
May 13, 2019

v3rmillion if you're curious..

D

Dan-Kode

Then why are you saying that it’s needs more Work done on it?

Dan-Kode

Coder
Sep 7, 2019
Been a while since any talk has happened about this piece of Software so why not re-ignite it : )

Anyways, have you considered making it Open-Source? Just like @sn0w said, none of us would really be interested in taking the Project and selling it as our own. Besides, it just emulates CF from the Web so it's not really special.

If you do make it Open-Source, then we can help you with pretty much anything. Networking, Bug-Fixing, Performance-Issues, Porting to other Platforms such as MacOS X and GNU/Linux [Distro].

TableFlipGod

Active Coder
May 13, 2019
Been a while since any talk has happened about this piece of Software so why not re-ignite it : )

Anyways, have you considered making it Open-Source? Just like @sn0w said, none of us would really be interested in taking the Project and selling it as our own. Besides, it just emulates CF from the Web so it's not really special.

If you do make it Open-Source, then we can help you with pretty much anything. Networking, Bug-Fixing, Performance-Issues, Porting to other Platforms such as MacOS X and GNU/Linux [Distro].
I dont have access to the source anymore so just decompile it and re-upload the source with my name. I give you full permission.

Reactions: Dan-Kode

Dan-Kode

Coder
Sep 7, 2019
As i said i do not have access to it anymore. But i give you permission to reupload the source as your own.
Okay, but how do I get access to the Source-Code?

But give me credit for it.
Don't worry, I will.

And, if I do get the Source, I think @Malcolm would be interested in Open-Sourcing it under CF. So, the whole Community can work on the Program together(And don't worry, you'll get the Credit.)

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Jan 2, 2018
Canada
codeforum.org
As of right now, the open-sourced program is currently under construction. I'm working on improving this!

1 comments
Reactions: TableFlipGod

Dan-Kode

Coder
Sep 7, 2019
What do you mean by Program? Do you mean it as in the process of being granted permission to put it under CF?

1 comments