Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Console.log("Hello Code Forum !");

• Thread starter Deleted member 2829
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2829

Hello all,
I am new to this forum, having joined in the hope that someone could help me out with a very basic HTML/CSS error/misunderstanding.
I am a retired IT support engineer (having worked in Uniface for some 30 years) with a lot of programming experience (C, Java, VB, C#, shell scripting, HTML, CSS, JS to name the most important). Though these days I focus on practicing the piano, finally having all the time for that, I still love to do some programming or simple web stuff now and then. Once a programmer, always a programmer, right ? Might as well try to keep up these skills even if I no longer have the energy (or even desire) to keep up with all the new developments. So I stick to the basic tools, being C# and HTML/CSS or maybe PHP if necessary.

Best regards and see you around,
Chris Breemer

Welcome to Code Forum! :)

Once a programmer always a programmer haha, have you been working on any projects?

And I might ping you a couple of times, I've been learning C#/JS lately and getting stuck so could probably use your expertise haha

Welcome to Code Forum! :)

Once a programmer always a programmer haha, have you been working on any projects?

And I might ping you a couple of times, I've been learning C#/JS lately and getting stuck so could probably use your expertise haha
Thanks Malcolm !
Being retired, it's been a while since I have worked on any projects. I did occasional stuff in C and Korn shell, and a quite extensive Java project long ago for private pleasure. Never made friends with C++. Recently I wrote a nice label printing program in C# which taught me a lot about C# (I was quite green with that but knowing Java is a great asset). I doubt my expertise from that small project is sufficient to help others out, but I'll try if I can !

Welcome to CF, @cbreemer!

I'm impressed by how many languages you know, but, it certainly helps to know a little bit of each - so good for you on that end. What does your label printing program entail? Does it simply print labels onto the screen or does it properly print off labels by connecting to a printer? It'd be nice if we got more light on it.

Also, don't be afraid that your expertise in a language/tool isn't enough to help others - a beginner in C# could benefit by learning even the smallest trick or simple fix. Just do your best to help out if you can and we'll all get along together.

Welcome again!

Welcome to CF, @cbreemer!

I'm impressed by how many languages you know, but, it certainly helps to know a little bit of each - so good for you on that end. What does your label printing program entail? Does it simply print labels onto the screen or does it properly print off labels by connecting to a printer? It'd be nice if we got more light on it.

Also, don't be afraid that your expertise in a language/tool isn't enough to help others - a beginner in C# could benefit by learning even the smallest trick or simple fix. Just do your best to help out if you can and we'll all get along together.

Welcome again!
I wrote the program for my wife (romantic, eh ?) to print out labels for her jars of preserves. She's very happy with it. See screenshot. We can actually manipulate the texts on the label in size, position, color, and font. It's really quite limited, specific and primitive but it works wonders for us. My biggest issue was te HTML rendering. The MS browser component would not handle some things correctly, and the CEF browser refuses to open local images. Had to search around and experiment to get that to work.

Attachments

• label.jpg
    label.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 8
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 8
I wrote the program for my wife (romantic, eh ?) to print out labels for her jars of preserves. She's very happy with it. See screenshot. We can actually manipulate the texts on the label in size, position, color, and font. It's really quite limited, specific and primitive but it works wonders for us. My biggest issue was te HTML rendering. The MS browser component would not handle some things correctly, and the CEF browser refuses to open local images. Had to search around and experiment to get that to work.
That looks absolutely incredible! Glad to hear that your wife is pleased with it too(must make life a breeze now).

That looks absolutely incredible! Glad to hear that your wife is pleased with it too(must make life a breeze now).
Thanks :) I'm a sucker for visual appearance - everything must be absolutely perfect on screen and printout. It always adds a lot of extra time to anything I do ... but it is not to be helped.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom