Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Contact "unavailable" for Mac terminal phone call

arduinolego611

New Coder
I want to make a call from the Mac terminal, but dont seem to be able to make a connection.

this is my code:
Code:
open "tel://+1800phonenumber"

I made sure my iphone and Mac book air (Big Sur) were on the same wifi network. I set my iphone to allow wifi calls. my FaceTime account and iCloud apps seem to be signed into the same account. When I enter my code into terminal, a call notification DOES pop up and ask me to press call or cancel, but instead of starting to ring or connect, it then says "1800phonenumber is unavailable"

I tried calling myself, I tried calling my dad who uses a flip phone, I tried several different contacts. obv I tried real numbers, not 1800phonenumber :)
I tried searching the web for an answer, but cant find much of anything helpful.

I want to make a call from the Mac terminal, but dont seem to be able to make a connection.

this is my code:
Code:
open "tel://+1800phonenumber"

I made sure my iphone and Mac book air (Big Sur) were on the same wifi network. I set my iphone to allow wifi calls. my FaceTime account and iCloud apps seem to be signed into the same account. When I enter my code into terminal, a call notification DOES pop up and ask me to press call or cancel, but instead of starting to ring or connect, it then says "1800phonenumber is unavailable"

I tried calling myself, I tried calling my dad who uses a flip phone, I tried several different contacts. obv I tried real numbers, not 1800phonenumber :)
I tried searching the web for an answer, but cant find much of anything helpful.
You can try what they do here. Unless you specifically want to call from the terminal and not just from a Mac.

I'm not sure this is even a coding issue. Maybe try getting support from Apple. :)

You can try what they do here. Unless you specifically want to call from the terminal and not just from a Mac.

I'm not sure this is even a coding issue. Maybe try getting support from Apple. :)
yeah I should have mentioned that, I do want to call from terminal specifically. I am trying to learn some commands in bash.

Back
Top Bottom