Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Create a Quick Start Dialog

Annabelle5893

Gold Coder
How's this for a dialog box? I'm redesigning, or at least attempting to redesign the interface for Atmosphere Deluxe, a program originally coded in Visual Basic. I want to make it accessible for all to use. I've been in contact with Nick Moulds, the head administrator of Vectormedia Software, and I'm still waiting for an answer of whether or not he'll approve of this. This dialog box is something they should have included in the original version of the software. And indeed, they should have coded it with a language that is accessible to screenreaders, something that Visual Basic just doesn't live up to in that case. Tell me if this looks right to you.

```
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft&reg; HTML Help Workshop 4.1">
<Title>Quick Start Dialog</Title>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<div id="choose">
<div class="message">Choose how you would like to start Atmosphere Deluxe.</div>
</div>
<label class="radio"><input checked="checked" name="quickStart[scenario_type]" value="lastPlayed" type="radio"> Load The last played scenario</label>
<label class="radio"><input name="quickStart[scenario_type]" value="load_from_disk" type="radio"> Load a Custom Scenario From Disk</label>
<label class="radio"><input name="quickStart[scenario_type]" value="random" type="radio"> Start With a Random Scenario</label>
<label class="radio"><input name="quickStart[scenario_type]" value="blank" type="radio"> Start From a Blank Scenario</label>
<label class="checkbox"><input name="quickStart" value="don't-show" type="checkbox"> Don't Show This Dialog At Startup</label>
<button class="ok">OK</button>
<button class="cancel">Cancel</button>

</BODY>
</HTML>
```

You might want to style this a little more, like centering the whole thing and/or putting space between the buttons,
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8" >
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" >
<title>Start Up Script</title>
<style>
label{
    display: block;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
}
</style>
</head>

<body>
    <h2 class="message">Choose how you would like to start Atmosphere Deluxe.</h2>
    <label for="radio"><input checked="checked" name="quickStart[scenario_type]" value="lastPlayed" type="radio" id="radio"> Load The last played scenario</label>
    <label for="disk"><input name="quickStart[scenario_type]" value="load_from_disk" type="radio" id="disk"> Load a Custom Scenario From Disk</label>
    <label for="rando"><input name="quickStart[scenario_type]" value="random" type="radio" id="rando"> Start With a Random Scenario</label>
    <label for="blank"><input name="quickStart[scenario_type]" value="blank" type="radio" id="blank"> Start From a Blank Scenario</label>
    <label for="ckbox"><input name="quickStart" value="don't-show" type="checkbox" id="ckbox"> Don't Show This Dialog At Startup</label>
</body>
</html>

You might want to style this a little more, like centering the whole thing and/or putting space between the buttons,
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8" >
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" >
<title>Start Up Script</title>
<style>
label{
    display: block;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
}
</style>
</head>

<body>
    <h2 class="message">Choose how you would like to start Atmosphere Deluxe.</h2>
    <label for="radio"><input checked="checked" name="quickStart[scenario_type]" value="lastPlayed" type="radio" id="radio"> Load The last played scenario</label>
    <label for="disk"><input name="quickStart[scenario_type]" value="load_from_disk" type="radio" id="disk"> Load a Custom Scenario From Disk</label>
    <label for="rando"><input name="quickStart[scenario_type]" value="random" type="radio" id="rando"> Start With a Random Scenario</label>
    <label for="blank"><input name="quickStart[scenario_type]" value="blank" type="radio" id="blank"> Start From a Blank Scenario</label>
    <label for="ckbox"><input name="quickStart" value="don't-show" type="checkbox" id="ckbox"> Don't Show This Dialog At Startup</label>
</body>
</html>
Next, once I make my HTML pages, how would I turn them into a desktop app for all operating systems like Windows, Mac, Linux, and so on?

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom