Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do You Listen To Music While You Code?

D

Dan-Kode

So as the Title of this Thread implies, do you happen to listen to Music while you code?

Before, I never did. I would always listen to me typing away at my Keyboard and the fan of my Computer. I did try listening to Music today while writing some code for the WebWareBox Project and I actually liked it. I felt really focused on the Project and didn't constantly look out the window.

And just as a side question, what kind of Music do you like to listen to? For me, it's EDM, Techno, Electronic Music and Dubstep.

Sometimes I do, but I have found that I get more work done without headphones or many distractions.
It's easier to get sucked into media & music when you have earbuds in, but if you are just coding you can learn to focus a bit better without the noise. If I do listen to music, I'm much more successful when I pick something without many lyrics such as classical, soundtracks, cinematic music, etc.

Listening to music while doing something gets rid of distractions.

I do listen to music sometimes when I Code using Spotify. But when I work on something very complex I need to concentrate so I don’t listen to anything.

I do listen to music sometimes when I Code using Spotify. But when I work on something very complex I need to concentrate so I don’t listen to anything.
Spotify is great, especially with premium because you get no ads.
I also like Pandora, but sometimes I really dislike not being able to target a specific song. YouTube can be great, but I really wish they had a free, no ads, audio-only MP3 system in place.

I use Youtube Music and I hate having my Music interrupted by an Ad. It's always annoying to have a really catchy beat end only to be interrupted by an Ad.

I also like Pandora, but sometimes I really dislike not being able to target a specific song. YouTube can be great, but I really wish they had a free, no ads, audio-only MP3 system in place.
Yeah exactly! Pandora, don’t recall hearing them before, where are they from?

YouTube is pretty great but like said about the ads and stuff. An audio only system on YouTube would actually be very interesting.

Pandora lets you pick a station, artist, album, or song. Then it uses your listening history and likes/favorites to discover your music preferences. Then it shuffles in music you like that is similar to the songs or station you selected. It's annoying though because sometimes you have to go throughout multiple songs to get to the one you searched for.

ADBlock

Although i have mine disabled for CF!

Yeah, true, but I still wish YouTube did more for people wanting to listen to music.
Even with AdBlock, YouTube is not fairly comparable to a music streaming service like Spotify or Pandora, and I think YouTube is missing out on a lot of potential song/video plays because they ignore people just wanting a standard music listening experience.

Yeah, true, but I still wish YouTube did more for people wanting to listen to music.
Even with AdBlock, YouTube is not fairly comparable to a music streaming service like Spotify or Pandora, and I think YouTube is missing out on a lot of potential song/video plays because they ignore people just wanting a standard music listening experience.
Have you heard of https://music.youtube.com ?
Thats what i use.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom