Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Does Anyone Want Control Over This Now-Scrapped Project?

D

Dan-Kode

Hey there. So ever since the 27th May 2019, I've owned this Site called WebWareBox. It was a Program-Distribution Site, which as it sounds, Developers can Distribute their Software that they make. I stopped working on the Project about two Days ago when I just immediately lost all hope in the Project right after Work had began on a new Update for the Site.

I also promoted the Site on AdminLoop, which I also announced the Project being scrapped on. Alongside it, I also promoted it on my Blog, in which I also announced it being scrapped too(Just figured that I'd throw that in there).

The Site is written in HTML and CSS. I should mention that the Look and Feel of the Site is incredibly out-dated and I bet that there are other People here on CodeForum who can do a much better Job with the Site's Layout and Design. It's Layout is a bit untidy, the Colours are a bit dark or a bit bright and when Optimizing the Site for MS Edge(Note: The Site was originally tested on Mozilla Firefox), it caused some Issues with the Layout on the opposite Browser.

Another thing I should mention is the way the Programs were going to be Moderated and Distributed. It essentially begins with the Developer emailing me their Project along with the Files of it. After I checked and looked into the Program(Which would be on my main and only Computer), I would Email the Developer back saying if their Program had been accepted and how long it will take before it gets put on the Site. Now look at this:
Which would be on my main and only Computer
That is something very Risky and Dangerous. A much safer way to handle that would be to create an auto-mated System in which the Program would be checked out by a Bot(Or some other System) and if it doesn't violate anything then it can proceed. This the other way round is if the System does detect something that violates the Rules then it would be denied. This means that the System would have to be programmed, Server-Side(E.g. Java, Python or PHP). Programming a System that could auto-mate things would have been a much safer approach but since I didn't have any Knowledge with PHP or Server-Side Programming in general, I couldn't do it. I would prefer somebody with Knowledge in Languages such as PHP, MySQL or any other Server-Side Technologies to pick-up the Site and continue from there.

If you're interested in it then please PM me so we can work things out.

-
Code_Block

Hey there.

The Site is still available if you want to take the Files. They're completely free to take. We just need to work things out before-hand though. I want to get rid of these Files fast as they're just sitting on my Hard-Drive gathering dust.

So please, if you're interested, just PM me.
(Again, I want to get rid of the Files fast and I'd definitely like for somebody else to take over the Project)

Of course the Domain doesn't exist. It's because I shut the Site down. This Post is asking for somebody to come and take the Files of the Project. Not the Domain.

I do not know if I will continue it, but I would definitely like to take a look at the code to see what you have done so far.
Is any of it attached to a database or any sort of PHP or is it all edited by hand inside HTML ?

I'd love to take a look, so let me know :)

Hey, @Ghost.

Thanks for taking interest in the Project. I'm not bothered by the fact that you may not continue it but as long as somebody picks it up and looks at it in the meantime then I'm happy. It's not got any Databases or PHP Code attached to it unfortunately. Everything is written in HTML and CSS. That's all.

PM me when you're ready to take a look :)

-
@Code_Block

Hey, I have some good News.

Last week, I switched my Computer from Windows to Linux Ubuntu. I did back-up some Important-Files before I made the switch but Windows was still on my Hard-Drive so I had to switch from Windows to Linux Ubuntu just to use it. I did end up deleting Windows in which I became really worried in case I had gotten rid of the WebWareBox Files.

Luckily enough, I had backed-up the Files onto Google Drive in which they're currently sitting there. So this means that the Project is still up for grabs.

If you're interested then just PM me. I still want to get rid of this Project.

Hey, I have some good News.

Last week, I switched my Computer from Windows to Linux Ubuntu. I did back-up some Important-Files before I made the switch but Windows was still on my Hard-Drive so I had to switch from Windows to Linux Ubuntu just to use it. I did end up deleting Windows in which I became really worried in case I had gotten rid of the WebWareBox Files.

Luckily enough, I had backed-up the Files onto Google Drive in which they're currently sitting there. So this means that the Project is still up for grabs.

If you're interested then just PM me. I still want to get rid of this Project.
That's great to hear! I'm honestly thinking about taking your site. Would you be interested in perhaps releasing it as Open-sourced?

Hey, @Malcolm.

I wouldn't mind you taking Ownership of the Site. As for Open-Sourcing it, I haven't really thought about it. It was a possibility as soon as I put the Site up for grabs but I focused on just giving it away to someone rather than making the Code public. I might actually do that, seeing as that I've got a GitHub Account sitting on the shelves, gathering dust just now. Maybe some Contributors could work on the Design and Layout and some work on the Server-Side Technology such as Program-Submission.

I think Open-Sourcing the Program could be a great Idea. Maybe I'll make a separate Thread dedicated to Open-Sourcing the Project.

I'd honestly look into it! What I was planning on doing in the near future was having open sourced projects that we as a community work on (hints the GitHub link below) as like a community event. But definitely look into it, if you are up to releasing it under CodeForum I'd be happy to work with you and so would the community :)

You know, I was thinking that it can be released under CodeForum.org and then there would be a Lead Developer/Maintainer and then of course you have the Contributors working together on it.

In fact, to think about it. I'm quite interested in getting into Open-Source Development so this would be a great moment to actually get into it.

I think we should have the Project under CodeForum.org and then maybe do a Vote on who the Lead-Developer/Maintainer will be. How does that sound?

You know, I was thinking that it can be released under CodeForum.org and then there would be a Lead Developer/Maintainer and then of course you have the Contributors working together on it.

In fact, to think about it. I'm quite interested in getting into Open-Source Development so this would be a great moment to actually get into it.

I think we should have the Project under CodeForum.org and then maybe do a Vote on who the Lead-Developer/Maintainer will be. How does that sound?
Sounds like a great idea!

I honestly think that the Lead-Developer/Maintainer(s) should always be the person who thought about it. So, in this case, it would be you?

Sweet, should I announce that the Project is being held under CodeForum.org and that it's becoming Open-Source?

And yeah, I guess you're right. It would make more sense for the Original-Creator to be the Lead-Developer/Maintainer. Kind of like how Linus Torvalds(A Programmer that I look up to), is still the Lead-Developer/Maintainer of Linux, even after 25+ Years.

So yet again, shall I announce it?

Sweet, should I announce that the Project is being held under CodeForum.org and that it's becoming Open-Source?

And yeah, I guess you're right. It would make more sense for the Original-Creator to be the Lead-Developer/Maintainer. Kind of like how Linus Torvalds(A Programmer that I look up to), is still the Lead-Developer/Maintainer of Linux, even after 25+ Years.

So yet again, shall I announce it?
It's up to you if you want to announce it, Lead-Developer ;)

Yeah, that's kinda like you writing all code but then someone else taking credit for it. I'm not a fan of things like that.

Yeah, I'll announce it then.

I can already see the Title: CodeForum.org + WebWareBox or WebWareBox Is Now Open-Source and Is Now Under CodeForum.org!

I went ahead a created the respiratory, can you PM me your GitHub user?

Back
Top Bottom