Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Java Eclipse Scout framework

NewsProject said:
Post some screenshots. Thanks.
Not trying to be rude here but, Keyword: "Framework".

It isn't a piece of software(Well, technically it is), but rather a set of tools that you can use to build something out of. Sort of like how a carpenter works with wood and a saw.

Have you used it before? The framework mentioned.
No, unfortunately I haven't. In fact, I've never heard of it until this post was made.

But before this stems away from what OP was asking, just remember that a framework isn't a piece of software that you use like MS Office or Mozilla Firefox. It's a set of tools(APIs), that you can use to build software out of.

No, unfortunately I haven't. In fact, I've never heard of it until this post was made.

But before this stems away from what OP was asking, just remember that a framework isn't a piece of software that you use like MS Office or Mozilla Firefox. It's a set of tools(APIs), that you can use to build software out of.
I guess I will do some research on frameworks.

Yes, it is framework. Java framework.

For quick and rapid building web apps in java.

I work with this framework almost 6 years. It is powerfull.

Checkout BSI CRM on Google. That is company and their software behind Eclipse Scout framework.

If someone is interested, I am building my own CRM. Planning to run it as SAAS.

I can also add some tutorials if someone is interested.

I guess I will do some research on frameworks.
Well, if you have any experience with any programming-language(C, Java, Ruby, etc.) then go ahead. But if you don't have a clue about the theories and concepts behind programming, how things work under the hood, and just don't know anything about computers or programming in general, I would not bother looking into frameworks.

You cannot hammer a nail without knowing how to properly handle a hammer(And when I say "properly handle a hammer", I mean by making sure you have a tight grip on the handle of the hammer and not having shaky hands while holding it). The same applies to programming-languages and frameworks. You cannot develop software with a framework without having a single piece of knowledge on programming and programming-languages.

Again, I'd like us to take this thread back to what the OP was asking. If you want to further continue discussion on programming-languages and frameworks, feel free to start a separate thread. Make sure you're question(s) are detailed too, so we can easily understand what you're trying to ask.

Yes, it is framework. Java framework.

For quick and rapid building web apps in java.

I work with this framework almost 6 years. It is powerfull.

Checkout BSI CRM on Google. That is company and their software behind Eclipse Scout framework.

If someone is interested, I am building my own CRM. Planning to run it as SAAS.

I can also add some tutorials if someone is interested.
Congrats! All the best.

Back
Top Bottom