Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Error 500 on first load only

Sapoios

Coder
Hello guyz i have a problem with one of my sites!

When i visiting my site most pages the first time i visit them i get error 500 which when i do refresh all work perfect till the next new broswing season.
Site spec :
With www(i mentioned that cause when was added i had some issues)
Cloudflare
Shift performance (for cache) .
1.6mb first page
It is an eshop.

Also to mention there is no record in cPanel for the error. This happens occer a month now and cant find what is causing it.
Maybe cookies maybe caching dont know.

I would be greatfull for any help or guidance what to look for.

Thank you

Hi there,

Hmm, that's a weird one. It sounds like a local problem to me. Have you tried clearing your cache for your browser?

Hey there, @Sapoios.

Error 500 from what I've found so far, does appear to be one of the common error messages displayed on a web-page. Turns out, it has nothing to do with cookies or the user itself but rather that something has gone wrong with the server or control-panel of the site. The error apparently is extremely vague, so don't expect to get any information out of it. It's a game of detective now for you.

These articles from HowToGeek and Lifewire do a decent job of explaining the error and how you'd go about fixing them:
From what I've read though, Lifewire is the only one that says to clear your cookies, but there's a chance that HowToGeek does the same. I haven't looked deep enough into both articles so I can't say for certain.

But, I do hope that these articles come of assistance, if you haven't been able to fix it. If they don't work, you may want to give StackOverflow/StackExchange a try. Maybe give Reddit a try too, they have some extremely helpful people over there when it comes to anything relating to programming or servers.

Good luck.

The first thing you need to know about an 500 Internal Server Error is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with your browser, your computer, or your internet connection. This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 Internal Server Error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error. However, there are often ways to quickly get around the problem:

• Reload the web page.
  • Clear your browser cookies and cache
  • Come back later.
  • Finally, Ask your Hosting Provider

Last edited:
Have you considered server load, next time you load your site just watch the Cpanel stats, you're looking for I/O more then likely, to me it sounds like that. So each time you go to your server it's loading your site from the files and that takes resources but once it's loaded it loads from a cache on your browser.

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom