Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Lua Exploring Properties of a Part

CL0NED

Coder
Hey this tutorial is about properties of a part what can be very useful
in scripting.

Before starting make sure you have the properties tab opened, if it isn't you can open by watching the link bellow.

Now if you insert a part in to the workspace and the part is selected, you should have some options in the properties tab, like this.

And now if you click on BrickColor, you can change the part's color, you can do the same for material.

I changed it so the BrickColor is Really Red, and the material is grass.
If you play around with the transparency option you can see that the part will be invisible.
This can be useful if you want a invisible wall so player can get to a certain place, or outside the map.

This tab you can change if it's anchored or not, and if it's anchored it won't fall out of the sky or move position if you walk into it, but if it's on it won't move position when you play.
If CanCollide is off you can walk through the part, if it's on you can't walk through it.

In the data tab you can change the name of the part.

The parent option is to change where the part is situated, and as you can see the parent is Workspace. You can change it's parent by simply dragging the part under a new item, in the explorer.

You can change the position by simply moving the part. You can see that in action on the link bellow:

You can also change the shape of it in the properties.

You can change all of these properties manually or via a script.
I will go over the other properties in a more advance tutorial.

Another great ROBLOX Tutorial. Now while I no longer play ROBLOX, I definitely should say that it covers most of what you need to know about the Properties Panel in ROBLOX Studio. Again, this will also benefit new ROBLOX Developers who are wanting to make Games for the Platform.

Again, great work!

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom