Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ForwardWeb - Branden

Well-Known Coder
as a representative for a company that believes in honest and ethical hosting often times to our own detriment in this thread I will share honest and open knowledge of the hosting industry the first of which is my personal view on the secret of finding a good host that everyone should remember and it iits also something i tell each and every person i interact with regardless of if they become a client or not.

Finding a good web host is like finding a good home (or living space) for you or your family. Your home should be safe, easily accessible and affordable.With this in mind, when searching for your next web host, treat the process as if you were researching for a home/or apartment to live in.Study the history of the company, the people
behind the company, the level of experience available to you as a customer. Most
importantly, how does your future web host interact with its current or potential
customers? Don't just stop with reading a review, pick-up the phone or send of an email to get a feel for the people behind the place you will call home for your website.

I seem to have a gift when it comes to finding web hosts. Mainly because I run a 12 GB RAM 4 core 100 GB SSD VPS website. And normally that cost almost a $1k however it only costs me $110/year and I pay an additional $180/year for cPanel and WHM. It's not just the fact that my host is cheap but the fact that it's true quality. My site hasn't gone down a single time in the past 2 years, not even once except for recently there have been 2 or 3 one second times where it has experienced down time but simply refreshing the page has fixed that. If that's all that's happened in 2 years that's not bad at all.

To find a good host you need to find the kind that give you the correct access allowing and does not get angry just because you send out emails to people. Which I rarely do unless its a newsletter but a lot of times you need to send emails. Some hosts get mad like the stories I've heard of digital ocean. Which they have locked peoples accounts up for sending one email. I don't recommend them.

If its unlimited its not legit -> if you don't have access to SSH on a VPS or higher its not legit -> if your host has a built in control panel its not a good idea -> and never register your domain with your host or even cPanel for that matter. Get your cPanel license from buycpanel.com so you always have it. Just my thoughts

If its unlimited its not legit -> if you don't have access to SSH on a VPS or higher its not legit -> if your host has a built in control panel its not a good idea -> and never register your domain with your host or even cPanel for that matter. Get your cPanel license from buycpanel.com so you always have it. Just my thoughts
I disagree with

unlimited is not legit for reasons i stated in my other post here as for never registering a domain with a host that depends on access and control we for example offer full domain control through WHMCS i think that rule comes form back in the day when lots of fly by night hosts where around the company i work for however has been around in some form or another since 2001( relaunched and re-branded in 2012)

I disagree with

unlimited is not legit for reasons i stated in my other post here as for never registering a domain with a host that depends on access and control we for example offer full domain control through WHMCS i think that rule comes form back in the day when lots of fly by night hosts where around the company i work for however has been around in some form or another since 2001( relaunched and re-branded in 2012)

I still don't agree you should ever register a domain with a host. I guess that depends on how much you trust your host. Personally I realize most hosts give the option to move domain providers but some hosts may completely disable your domain and not give you that option.

I made a choice between 3 different leading web hosting solutions before picking Digital Ocean. I choose my hosting providers based on performance and support.

I usually contact the hosts and tell them what I need and see what they can recommend to me. It usually works great as both I and the host are happy. It's very important to have a good host, it's as you said like a home, if you have a bad foundation the roof will collapse and all the floors too. Reviews + contacts + free trial week might also be good.

I still don't agree you should ever register a domain with a host. I guess that depends on how much you trust your host. Personally I realize most hosts give the option to move domain providers but some hosts may completely disable your domain and not give you that option.
I never really considered about this in terms of getting a domain from hosts. But I never really go for domains with a hosting service because of the prices. They're never competitive in terms of prices.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom