• Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Fire TV

Luke47

New Coder
Hello all, I apologize if this seems to be an uninformed question. Is there a way to change my Fire TV’s remote button for one of the applications to a different one that’s not on the menu? For instance, changing the TV’s software/code, so that when I press the “hulu” button on my remote, it opens “youtube” instead? I would imagine it’s just a matter of name swapping the applications but I don’t know much. Any advice would make me grateful, thank you.

OldMan

Coder
I own a fire tv stick. All amazons fire tv sets have a built in Alexa so you can simple say 'turn on youtube' or just say the name of a program like "turn on downton abby" and echo says ":turning on downton abby on netfix" No need to change any programming. I can change the input to my TV so I can game or turn the TV off.