Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

đź‘‹ for those who are switching careers/ have switched careers

tofu

New Coder
Hey!

I'm working on switching careers (mental health to web dev but hopefully software development eventually). I'm wondering how long you all spend on learning your coding languages. I'm finding myself feeling not so great about how much time I put in despite knowing that l am learning some everyday.

I'm learning Javascript now. Not saying I have all of HTML and CSS down of course. I've used Grasshopper (& stopped bc it's not compatible with Android 13), using Mimo mainly, SoloLearn and freeCodeCamp to back up what I learn in Mimo, and a rather sad github attempt at staying to build my own website. I've been using W3 as a reference guide here and there too. If you have any additional learning resources I should check out please lmk 🙂

Thanks,

here are some tips to help
  1. Set achievable goals: Break down your learning objectives into smaller, achievable milestones and celebrate your progress along the way.
  2. Find a community: Joining online forums, meetups, or taking part in coding projects with others can help you stay motivated and provide support when you need it.
  3. Practice, practice, practice: The more you practice coding, the better you will become. Try to work on projects that challenge you and push you to learn new skills.
  4. Don't be afraid to ask for help: If you're stuck on a problem, don't be afraid to reach out to others for help. This is a great opportunity to learn from others and to build your network.
Additional resources you might find helpful include Codecademy, Udemy, and Coursera. Keep in mind that the most important thing is to find what works for you and stick with it, and most importantly, don't give up!

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom