Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

From NEWBIE to a PRO?

Hello eveyone, and thank you for letting me become a part of this community.

I have for a long time been wanting to learn how to code, or atlest get a general understanding of what it involves, and slowly but surley improve my skills.
The problem is that i have 0% experience within this field, and i'm starting 100% from scratch. Which is why i need your help to get the best start i can!

So, to my questions;
Does anybody have any trick to how i can "attack" this? Where should i begin, and what should i do?
I've been checking out a few of these different learning platforms (Team treehouse, codecadamy, udemy etcetc) and have decided to give it a shot.
Does anyone have any experience with these platforms, is there any better platforms, which platform should i use and can they provide me with enough knowledge to get a solid foundation?

I appreciate all the help i can get!

Thank you, and have a good day! :)

Does anybody have any trick to how i can "attack" this? Where should i begin, and what should i do?
Find something that you enjoy, that interests you, that you would like to continue working on by yourself.
I myself just wanted to have a website and then I started with HTML and CSS and then it just became more.

Find something that you enjoy, that interests you, that you would like to continue working on by yourself.
I myself just wanted to have a website and then I started with HTML and CSS and then it just became more.
Did you use any of the websites i mentioned, or similar?
They seem like a great place to start!

Where I started with it, these pages probably did not even exist.

I just started in the middle of it all, looking for a design or a website that I could take apart and modify to learn from.
Otherwise I use :

Where I started with it, these pages probably did not even exist.

I just started in the middle of it all, looking for a design or a website that I could take apart and modify to learn from.
Otherwise I use :
Ahh, i see
Thank you, i'll check them both out! :

Welcome :D me i started with HTML & CSS as i wanted to build a website and its always a handy skill to have but moving on i moved onto PHP & SQL as that's what i preferred :)

I learned alot from W3 schools or i go to humble bundle and get the Ebooks cheap :D

Welcome :D me i started with HTML & CSS as i wanted to build a website and its always a handy skill to have but moving on i moved onto PHP & SQL as that's what i preferred :)

I learned alot from W3 schools or i go to humble bundle and get the Ebooks cheap :D
I've been checking out Python and Javascript, atleast to begin. I'll definitly check those out! I do, also want to see if what codecadamy or something similar offers :)

@Snikfingern How's the learning coming? Do you have anything questions or need any help?
Thank you for the follow up! It's coming along, slowly but surely. I have done an introduction course on codecademy about some general terms etc, and now i'm stepping in to som actual language!

But i do actually have a question. They offer a few different paths (Data science, Web development, Computer Science)
My long term goal is to (If i can manage) become a software developer, but i'm quite unsure which of these paths best fit.
If you could help me with this, i would be truly greatful :)

Thank you for the follow up! It's coming along, slowly but surely. I have done an introduction course on codecademy about some general terms etc, and now i'm stepping in to som actual language!
Not a problem at all! I want to see you succeed :)
Is Code Academy treating you well?

But i do actually have a question. They offer a few different paths (Data science, Web development, Computer Science)
My long term goal is to (If i can manage) become a software developer, but i'm quite unsure which of these paths best fit.
If you could help me with this, i would be truly greatful :)
I would honestly say your best options would be Data and Computer Science. They seem more software related! :)

Not a problem at all! I want to see you succeed :)
Is Code Academy treating you well?

Code Academy is such a great learningplatform, they have alot of different courses to choose. In other words, so far so good! I've only been practising for about one hour a day, but it helps!

I would honestly say your best options would be Data and Computer Science. They seem more software related! :)

I think so myself, but i personally do think its better to do courses to learn the basics of a few languages and take it from there :)
What do you think? And agian, thank you for the help!

Code Academy is such a great learningplatform, they have alot of different courses to choose. In other words, so far so good! I've only been practising for about one hour a day, but it helps!
That's great to hear! What have you learned so far?
I think so myself, but i personally do think its better to do courses to learn the basics of a few languages and take it from there :)
What do you think? And agian, thank you for the help!
I'd imagine that following the different paths will teach you different languages.

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom