Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Python Game Idea For a Beginner ?

Well, for Game-Engines, you're out of luck. The only Game-Engine that uses Python(As to what I've found so far) is Panda3D. If you're looking for a Python API then it's PyGame.

Most Game-Engines now use either C#, C++, Java or Lua. It will be quite hard to find a Game-Engine or API that uses Python.

As for Ideas, start off simple. Don't aim to high(This was a mistake I did early on in Game-Development. Let that be a Lesson). Maybe try making a simple 2D-Platformer or a Flappy-Bird Clone.

I'm always seen people suggest making 2D games and it is a good idea to do. Something as simple as a platform game can be really good because it's not too hard but not exactly super easy either.

I need a game idea with a easy engine to make my first game to help develop my python skill.
I wrote an article today sharing 4 project ideas for beginners in Python and one of the ideas I mentioned was to create a simple quiz. It can be viewed/taken on the command line, so you can avoid all of the complex GUI work.

My article jumps into some ideas such as...
  • ask users questions with multiple choice answers
  • user types a letter or number (ex: answer A, or choice 2) and presses ENTER to choose their answer
  • generate a points or % score at the end to let user know their final score
  • maybe even store the information to a file to save their answers and/or progress
I actually created a tutorial for how to create a multiple choice quiz in Python, so it might help you get started :)

For someone starting off, you really should not jump right into 2D (especially not 3D) games or programs with Python. You should get a grasp on the general functionality of the language so you can truly learn how to interpret user supplied information, store data, use logic, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, it'd be nice to see what he's currently working on. But seeing as he was last active on 19th June 2019, I doubt we'll ever hear from him unless he somehow remembers of this place and comes back.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom