Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Help - countdown code (html, css, js) in Outlook signature

martanogaj

New Coder
Dear developers,

I am trying to incorporate a countdown into an Outlook signature.
I've created an *.htm code which I have included in the appropriate "Signatures" folder within Microsoft folder on my C:/ drive.
I have also created an html page, including css coding and links to js files. This htm code works correctly when displayed in a Browser, and the countdown then works.
However, as soon as I wish to put the code into the Outlook signature, it stops working. Maybe Outlook doesn't allow for js scripts to work, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
If anyone has any suggestions/solutions, please help!

Thank you in advance,
Marta

[CODE lang="html" title="Countdown"]<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<title> RPV milestone </title>
<style>
.until {
margin: 25px;
max-width: 400px;
display: grid;
grid-template-columns: 395px;
gap: 1em;
padding: 1em;
background: #009578;
border-radius: 5px;
box-shadow: 0 0 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
font-family: sans-serif;
}

.until__component {
text-align: center;
background: #ffffff;
border-radius: 5px;
}

.until__numeric {
color: #333333;
padding: 0.5em 0;
font-size: 3em;
font-weight: bold;
}

.until__unit {
font-size: 1.2em;
padding-bottom: 1em;
color: #94001B;
}

.until__event {
grid-column: span 1;
text-align: center;
color: #ffffff;
}
</style>
</head>

<body>

<div class="until" id="myCountdown">
<div class="until__component">
<div class="until__numeric until__numeric--days">00</div>
<div class="until__unit">Days</div>
</div>
<div class="until__event">Until the end of manufacturing for the RPV U1 - 18th of July 2022</div>
</div>

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/dayjs/1.10.4/dayjs.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/dayjs/1.10.4/plugin/duration.min.js"></script>
<script src="http://horsehotel.fr/countdown/countdown.js"></script>

</body>
</html>[/CODE]

Hiya and welcome,

things may have changed as i did this sort of thing many years ago but, this is not possible. Emails are getting more and more secure and they will block anything other then pure HTML, we used to be able to build a whole email from images but that has become nearly impossible now. Maybe look at a pure HTLM5 option, that may work.

Hiya and welcome,

things may have changed as i did this sort of thing many years ago but, this is not possible. Emails are getting more and more secure and they will block anything other then pure HTML, we used to be able to build a whole email from images but that has become nearly impossible now. Maybe look at a pure HTLM5 option, that may work.
Hello.

Thank you very much for your response.
Would you have any idea of how to code a countdown (just days) into html5?
I admit I've looked a bit on the net, and haven't found anything.
Thanks for your help!
Marta

Sorry missed the JS :D here is a few for you to check out https://usejquery.com/css/css-countdown/
Thanks again for looking into it.
I've perused the link. All the countdowns that are included that would do a countdown to a certain date, use Javascript as well.
I think that html / css won't have the funtionality by themselves.

I thus wonder if I might just add the html into the signature in one way or the other, to display the countdown, while hosting the html file online. I'll investigate that option.

Thanks,
Marta

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom