Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Help with 24 word seed phrase (crypto wallet)

Hello!

Basically I was a dunce and messed up a simple copy & paste job. I know :(

I have a 24 word seed phrase, and I'm missing words 12 and 19.

It helps a lot that I know specifically which entries are missing, and I figured 2 missing words is a lot better than all 24 words.

The only idea I have for now is using a 2 word generator and trying each set of words both ways around, and just dedicating a small amount of time each day to this.

There's a fairly small amount of crypto and an NFT in there, not worth much right now - but very soon it will be worth quiiiiite a bit, and the NFT can be used to earn interest.

Are there any options aside from this basic method?

Thanks!

Okay with you now :) Can you get to it via a URL. if so we can use Selenium :)
Thanks for the reply!

So it's not a URL as such, you'd need to install the wallet's chrome extension, and when you select "import wallet", it takes you to a page with just the following as the location in the address bar:

chrome-extension : // lpfcbjknijpeeillifnkikgncikgfhdo / import

Hello!

Basically I was a dunce and messed up a simple copy & paste job. I know :(

I have a 24 word seed phrase, and I'm missing words 12 and 19.

It helps a lot that I know specifically which entries are missing, and I figured 2 missing words is a lot better than all 24 words.

The only idea I have for now is using a 2 word generator and trying each set of words both ways around, and just dedicating a small amount of time each day to this.

There's a fairly small amount of crypto and an NFT in there, not worth much right now - but very soon it will be worth quiiiiite a bit, and the NFT can be used to earn interest.

Are there any options aside from this basic method?

Thanks!
So...you are attempting to brute force your way in this lol. @lichanhelloworld I got good news... and I have bad news. Good news: you may get lucky...eventually. Bad news: unless you are willing to put in a hell of a lot more time than what you think, and have more than enough patience to do so, you are wasting your time. One thing you can try is to contact the platform support team and explain to them the situation. You will definitely have to prove you are indeed the owner of the account and they may be able to reset the phrases for you.. but that in it of itself is a long shot.

Best advice I can give you: Consider this a loss, and move on. Learn from this experience and make sure you triple check that you have properly copied everything over and that you have a few backups stored in case of emergency.

So...you are attempting to brute force your way in this lol. @lichanhelloworld I got good news... and I have bad news. Good news: you may get lucky...eventually. Bad news: unless you are willing to put in a hell of a lot more time than what you think, and have more than enough patience to do so, you are wasting your time. One thing you can try is to contact the platform support team and explain to them the situation. You will definitely have to prove you are indeed the owner of the account and they may be able to reset the phrases for you.. but that in it of itself is a long shot.

Best advice I can give you: Consider this a loss, and move on. Learn from this experience and make sure you triple check that you have properly copied everything over and that you have a few backups stored in case of emergency.
Thanks for reaching out. Yeh because of the nature of the crypto world there isn't really a super clear path when it comes to contacting Nami and I doubt they'd be of much help. I know the wallet uses BIP39 because of the way the wallet reacts between getting a word that is or isn't on said list, so I think i'll just chip away at it with the process of elimination... forever hahahaha.

Try word 1 from BIP39 in the first missing slot, then every other word from BIP39 in the second missing slot, and so on.

Or probably accept the loss 😂

Hey, man. Didn't you save a photo of that 12-word combination? Although I think you could have written them down on paper as I did. It's a more reliable method of storing such information. Gallery files can easily get into hacked cloud storage these days. When researching how to fund my forex account in Nigeria, I also learned about this cryptocurrency wallet protection method. Now I have one on MetaMask because it works in Nigeria. I wrote down my words in a paper notebook and hid this piece of paper on the phone. You know, if you've lost a few words out of 12, the only option for you is automatic word matching. Download the program from the first search result.h

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom