Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Helpful tools and Resources

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Here are some tools to help any developer with their projects. This list may adapt, change at anytime. Want to add to the list? Comment down below.

Text Editors:
  • Sublime ~ A sophisticated text editor for code, mark-up and prose by Sublimehq.
  • Visual Studio Code ~ Free. Built on open source. Runs everywhere. (Commonly known as VSCode).
  • VSCodium ~ VSCodium is a community-driven, freely-licensed binary distribution of Microsoft’s editor VS Code.
  • Emeditor - Text Editor.
  • Notepad++ - Source code editor.
  • EMACS ~ Text Editor.
  • Vim ~ Text Editor.
IDEs (Integrated Development Environments):
Game Engines:
Model Creation/Animation/Graphic Design:
References
Courses & Apps
Task/Bug Management
Hosting
Browsers
File Transfer
Website Software
Music/Sound Editing
Version Control
  • Git ~ Version Control System.
Other
Please note: items indicated with () are free, while (/$) indicates the resources have both free and paid options. This may not be accurate for everything.

Last edited:
+1 on Visual Studio Code, it starts up faster than Atom and has some pretty cool features. One of the most useful imo is it'll suggest an extension (plugin) if you open a file extension it doesn't know how to format.

@Malcolm The name is wrong in your list btw, it's Visual Studio Code :p

+1 on Visual Studio Code, it starts up faster than Atom and has some pretty cool features. One of the most useful imo is it'll suggest an extension (plugin) if you open a file extension it doesn't know how to format.

@Malcolm The name is wrong in your list btw, it's Visual Studio Code :p
I haven’t tried Visual Studio Code, what type of cool features does it have? I’m a little curious.
Oh that’s actually pretty useful, saves space!

Corrected :)

WordPress is amazing as a CMS for a blog or a website. It is extremely user friendly and perfect for any type of project.
Love Atom as well

Here are some new Resources for Devs:
  • Git - Version-Control-System
  • Toodledo - Task Management
  • Audacity
  • BoscaCeoil
I have used these pieces of Software(Apart from Git) and they're all pretty good. Add them to the list.

Hey, I've got some more Tools:
  • FL Studio
  • IntelliJ IDEA
  • w3schools.com
  • EMACS
  • Vim
  • Blogger
  • SMF(SimpleMachinesForum[If it counts as Website Software anyway])
I suggest adding all of the above as they are all great Tools. Especially IntelliJ and w3schools.com.

I've got some more great Stuff for everybody:
  • Waterfox Browser(Do not add this)
  • Opera Browser
  • phpBB
  • MyBB
(Note: I'm not sure if Video-Related Tools can be on here but here they are just in case):
  • OBS Studio
  • VLC Media-Player
  • Hypercam 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I crossed-out WaterFox from my List. I actually myself have used it and my God the amount of Memory it was taking up was too high.

Okay then, here is some more stuff:
  • Opera Browser
  • phpBB + MyBB
  • NetBeans
  • JMonkey Game Engine
  • GIMP(Gnu-Image-Manipulation-Program)
(I'm not sure if APIs can be added but here are some just in case):
  • OpenGL
  • OpenAL
  • LWJGL
  • JOGL(Java-OpenGL)

New Threads