Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How long does it take to be proficient in coding?

longcoming

New Coder
I want to be a senior,proficient,competent coder.
How long will it take?
Some say,a lifetime as you always have to renew yourself.
I would like to hear your opinions.
Thanks in advance.

never, you can become some what well learned but coding is always changing. I stopped websites 2 years ago. Went back this month and it has changed so much, the basics are there but so much has improved and changed its like i am learning all over again :D

Programming is like any other skill: you need to keep at it to become great at it.

If you programmed most days of the week(say five) and kept that up, you would be proficient in no time; if you programmed only a couple days instead, it might take a bit longer.

Once you don't program for a while, either your skill will remain stagnant or like a knife, your skill becomes blunt, requiring you to sharpen it again. I've just came back to programming recently and I've had to relearn a few things but I am getting there. It's just a normal part of getting back on track with things.

However, do not stress about being the best. You'll do this early on, believe me, but overtime you shouldn't worry because in the end, all of the most proficient programmers who have developed some of the greatest software, started where you are right now: the beginning. Just pick up a book or tutorial and read/listen to it, follow the examples, play about with the examples, do the exercises, learn from mistakes, and study the code of others - you'll become better as you do this more and more.

Good luck!

It does person to person and how fast you can learn certain things but one thing for sure we never stop learning in life :D

I want to be a senior,proficient,competent coder.
How long will it take?
Some say,a lifetime as you always have to renew yourself.
I would like to hear your opinions.
Thanks in advance.
Great goals to have!

So to become proficient in a particular language, you need to learn and practice. The more you practice the more it becomes like second nature and the more you code the more proficient you become. Now we can't accurately give you a proper estimate of how long it will take you as every one's ability to learn is different, for an instance it may take longer for some to learn and for others, it may be quicker.

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom