Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Python How to check a string is odd palindrome in python?

shivajikobardan

Legendary Coder
I am learning to code and 1 thing that surprises me is how do I internalize all the code? I understand the code. I know the algorithm as well. But I want to be able to solve any types of problems(related ones) after learning 1 code. How do I become able to do that? So for that I am first trying with palindrome program.
Here is the palindrome program for even palindrome.

Code:
#palindrome checking

str1="abba"
for i in range(len(str1)//2):
    if(str1[i]==str1[len(str1)-i-1]):
        isPalindrome=True
    else:
        isPalindrome=False
print(isPalindrome)
Now I want to write code for odd palindrome. Don't show me code but show me direction or algorithm so that I can write code on my own.
example of odd palindrome is abbcbba. We are using c as the middle point.

An odd palindrome will always have an odd amount of characters. After you have confirmed that the string is a palindrome, you could check if it has an odd amount of characters. If it does, it is an odd palindrome. If it doesn't, it's just a palindrome.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom