Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

How To Get Into Android App-Development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan-Kode

Hey there. So I'm a big Fan of the Android Operating-System and I'm quite interested in not only making Software for PCs but also Apps for Smartphones. I'm going to be switching from an iPhone to a Samsung Smartphone in about a Month and I do plan on using this to learn and test Apps on(I will of course be using it for regualar things like Calls, Messages, Music, Pictures and the Internet).

I do have a bit of experience with Java(But there are things that I do want to brush up on and further learn such as Classes and Generics). So I'm just asking if there is any good way to get into Android App-Development or if there are any Tutorials that you can provide to me(I would much rather prefer Books to learn Android App-Development but Videos and Web-Guides will be fine).

Android is an amazing operating system, before my iPhone I was using an Samsung S8. Had a few issues with it but it worked awesome!
Now to your question, I’ll have search for some books, have a couple from Humble Bundle which perhaps you could take a look. I know a couple Android development courses on Udemy, but they’re aren’t always free. But some of them are really worth it. Here some suggestions (grabbed mostly 5 star ones):

https://www.udemy.com/share/100YMyA0ITdFZUTHQ=/
https://www.udemy.com/share/1001ryA0ITdFZUTHQ=/

Another option would be checking for some tutorials in YouTube! Here are some videos that I have found:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Android applications can be built for free. Create an Android Application in Minutes. No coding skills needed. Android apps published & shared on the Google Play Store.
3 Steps to Creating an Android Application are:
1. Select the design. Customize as you wish.
2. Drag and drop the features you want. ...
3. Publish your application.

Android applications can be built for free. Create an Android Application in Minutes. No coding skills needed. Android apps published & shared on the Google Play Store.
3 Steps to Creating an Android Application are:
1. Select the design. Customize as you wish.
2. Drag and drop the features you want. ...
3. Publish your application.
I know that you can build an Android App for free but you actually have to pay a Fee just to get your Apps published(This is a One-Time Fee though). And while I can make an App using the MIT's App-Inventor, I'd much prefer to actually code it using Java rather than using an App-Maker. It gives me more control over my Project and how I develop it. And you can't just 'Drag and Drop the Features you want'. You can drag in the UI-Elements but you'll have to Program them to actually do something.

Your Reply, seems like Spam. Judging by the way it's written and what you said in it.

What are your thoughts on using Android Studio (https://developer.android.com/studio) and the tutorials there? I've also considered trying to get into Android development, but I think that kotlin is the preferred language for development these days.

I think also that Visual Studio has support for Android development ... I haven't checked recently, but it used to be that there was cross platform support for Android development using C# and Xamarin. I've been meaning to install VS2019 to give it a go, but only once I actually have time to do something with it.

Seeing that you're switching from iPhone to Samsung, did you ever get a chance to do any iOS development? I started (many times) to get into Objective-C programming and Xcode, but the main irritation I had with that was dragging/dropping widgets from the window/screen layout into the code to create a link ... really didn't seem the most efficient way to do things.

What are your thoughts on using Android Studio (https://developer.android.com/studio) and the tutorials there? I've also considered trying to get into Android development, but I think that kotlin is the preferred language for development these days.

I think also that Visual Studio has support for Android development ... I haven't checked recently, but it used to be that there was cross platform support for Android development using C# and Xamarin. I've been meaning to install VS2019 to give it a go, but only once I actually have time to do something with it.

Seeing that you're switching from iPhone to Samsung, did you ever get a chance to do any iOS development? I started (many times) to get into Objective-C programming and Xcode, but the main irritation I had with that was dragging/dropping widgets from the window/screen layout into the code to create a link ... really didn't seem the most efficient way to do things.
I have tried the Tutorials there and they never seemed to work for me. Mind you, either I did something wrong or it was because of the Device that I was testing it on. And yes, Kotlin is the preferred Language for Android but I prefer Java as I know it.

I'm pretty sure that during the Installation-Process for Visual Studio, that you can download a Package that gives you the ability to create Apps for both Android and IOS.

And unfortunately, no. Since I don't own a MacBook or iMac(And I never will), I've never did any IOS-Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom