Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I'm Cory, Hi!

Cory

New Coder
Hello, my name is Cory and I've been in the coding scene for over a decade. I currently know HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and jQuery. I'd love to enhance my JavaScript skills by learning new libraries/frameworks such as React, Vue, and Angular. But, it seems like it would take forever to learn these libraries/frameworks considering how long it took me to learn JavaScript itself.

My coding knowledge has been primarily used to help fellow message board administrators with coding issues. I've been doing it for over a decade. I currently own a forum on Jcink that provides requests, support, and resources to those in need. I enjoy what I do, and I'm always wanting to learn more, but my motivation to do so is never very high.

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

Welcome to CF, @Cory!

If I were you, I'd start by looking at what each library is used for and also looking at what else you want to do. If, for example, you wish to build a webapp, perhaps React may be what you're looking for? Toy about with the libraries too and see what each of them is capable of and also use that as a basis for your decision.

If your feeling low in motivation, a good one is to think about what you want to do with your knowledge. Do you want to build, say, a web game complete with good graphics, sound, and nice controls? Take that dream and start off small with it; when you get a result you're happy with, use that as a way to get the ball rolling and building it into something bigger and better. And most obviously, never leave things off till later: do it now! You're full of potential, so utilise it and build something out of it! I'd say watch motivational videos, but I find it's very easy to get sucked into them and while you may feel high on motivation, you always get distracted by them so it detracts from your goals.

Welcome again and good luck! :)

Thanks for the feedback, BorkedSystem32! I'd mainly like to become a frontend web developer one day, but long gone are the days when knowing what I currently know is not sufficient enough.

Thanks, Aerodynamic! I look forward to engaging with the community to learn more and become a better web developer!

Thanks for the feedback, BorkedSystem32! I'd mainly like to become a frontend web developer one day, but long gone are the days when knowing what I currently know is not sufficient enough.
You're welcome. Just keep on making the time to learn: if you're busy, about half an hour each night is sufficient. Just keep learning and if you don't understand something, you can ask(and don't be afraid to ask). Make sure you get plenty of practice in too and keep refining any projects you have into something better.

Best of luck again!

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom