Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

JavaScript Javascript callbacks (React setState)

darioK

Active Coder
Does anyone know, I have this unclear thing in my head, React has this method called setState(), you can pass in an object or a callback function. So, when there are two tings passed to setState for example:

JavaScript:
.setState(oldState => ({
    //return an object
    //add more items to the array and keep old ones
    example: [...oldState.example, ...example];
}), () => {
        this.state.isFinished = true;
})

What happens here, if you have loads of data and setState sets the state of example for some time, second callback will wait until first one is finished.

My question is, is that a JS feature or React does it that way, or thats how callbacks actually work?

I didnt dive deep into things like this, I know how something will work eventually, but this stuff makes everything easier right?

Back
Top Bottom