Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Mobile Friendly

Robin9000

New Coder
Working on a site called http://finaltouchaccounting.com/ and I have placed both
HTML:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,inital-scale=1,user-scalable=yes">

in the head of the pages. However even with doing so and although the pages load to be full screen at first if the user with their figures tries to expand the page to view in and than zoom back out.
On zooming back out it cuts the page down to have of it's original size. So basically you end up with 50% being the site and 50% being the website. Any help on fixing this issue would be very helpful indeed.

Thank you, Robin.

Attachments

• IMG_6841.PNG
    IMG_6841.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
you cannot adapt a website to mobile devices with a meta variant alone.
For this you need adapted CSS or you use a framework like Bootstrap (please integrate locally, do not load externally)

you cannot adapt a website to mobile devices with a meta variant alone.
For this you need adapted CSS or you use a framework like Bootstrap (please integrate locally, do not load externally)
I have done all I thought was needed and the thing is this issue am having only happens when they try to zoom in and than back out. So for me it's very puzzling as to why this is.

Before we begin, please add your code within BBCode and please edit the title into a question, please.

Did you manage to get this solved?

100% look into bootstrap, i used to do what you are doing now and i would spend hours making sure a website was mobile/table/big tv/little tv ready and then i took a day, honestly thats all you need a day to master bootstrap and now i can make websites in half the time and they are automaticly responsive and mobile ready.

Next please use internal files more then external, its like this. if i told you to go to 5 diffrent points on a map by car to pick something up then told someone else to go in there draw and get the same 5 things, who will be quicker? now although im sure Tealk will tell me im wrong :D the odd external link such as fonts and bootstrap are okay i would say but try and keep them to a minnium :D

Very nice code though, nicely layed out :)

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom