Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Need help with my site

I have been going back and forth on my website : www.bountysite.com
I chose materializecss as it was easy to learn and get started. I am not very good at web designing, css etc.
I am regretting, for not going with bootstrap4.

Can some one give some suggestions to improve my website?

Awesome site, it really looks good! :)

But just a few things to note:
  1. The logo is centered vertically. Screenshot_1.png
  2. When on mobile the hamburger navigation does nothing. Doesn't show navigation.
  3. On your blog, there's a broken image
    1. Screenshot_2.png

Site looks really good. Some suggestions I would add is making it blend in a little bit more and also add a bit more detail to what the user see's while blending it in some when they first go to the page. Most of the attractive content is down towards the bottom where the icons are. The icon area looks insanely good but a user might leave the page before getting to see that. A simple suggestion to improve the immediate page landing area such as the nav bar and the first image you see. Good job though :D

Sorry for the late reply! Marathon for last few days. Writing a free server backup tool, FileTrail, useful for file forensics.
Thinking of offering SSH jumpbox too, based on Aker.

Thanks for reviews. Deeply appreciate it!

- I am going to change the logo. Got review about it not being professional and complicated.
Logo has to be simple and meaningful
Also, going to standardize website to just one color red. Moving away from blue. Red more professional, they reckon.

- Hmm .. I don't speak html jargon well. What is hamburger? Talking about sidebar?

- Blog missing image - Thanks. I thought I had fixed it

- Blending in - I am going to change the contents, and have icons and overview above. More graphics overall.

Sorry for the late reply! Marathon for last few days. Writing a free server backup tool, FileTrail, useful for file forensics.
Thinking of offering SSH jumpbox too, based on Aker.
All good @bountysite, hope to try it out one day! :)

- I am going to change the logo. Got review about it not being professional and complicated.
Logo has to be simple and meaningful
Also, going to standardize website to just one color red. Moving away from blue. Red more professional, they reckon.
Oh good call, do you have any ideas for the new logo? I'm assuming it will have a redish colour?
- Hmm .. I don't speak html jargon well. What is hamburger? Talking about sidebar?
It's the three lines on top of each other in the top left corner when in mobile. When you click it's supposed to show you the navigation of the site.
- Blog missing image - Thanks. I thought I had fixed it
Awesome! Great fix.

Hope to see you on more :)

Here are my recommendations:
  • Align your logo properly. Also, close the gab between "Bounty" and "Site".
  • While I like the effect, get rid of the "Join the BountySite Revolution!" and perhaps use this type effect on the "Democratizing web security" part instead.
  • Bolden the header "Website Threat Hunting Platform"
  • "Malwares" should be "Malware"
  • "Add security to Website" should be "Add Security to Your Website"
  • Im on a 2560x1440p monitor, and this section is very misaligned.
    To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
    For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
  • The "BountySite's Goal" section seems redundant and unnecessary. These things should be mentioned on some sort of about page.
  • Since this is your home page, reduce the number of features advertised to only your most important ones. Currently its too large, perhaps move the full list of features to a seperate page or have a button that reveals them all.
  • The link "Tweets by bountysite" shouldnt exist. Its right above the footer that already has a twitter link.
  • The wording in a lot of the pages is wrong and reads poorly. Look at improving the grammar.
  • The "HOSTING RESELLER" and "SMB RESELLER" tabs are broken and way too large.
    To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
    For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
  • Get rid of the purple and red on your Pricing/Plans page. Use the orange from the "Democratizing web security" instead.
  • Again on Plans/Pricing, the black text on the blue "FREE SIGNUP" can be hard to see on some screens. Use white or a light blue instead.
  • Also on that note, FREE SIGNUP doesnt make sense. Signup should always be free, since people are subscribing to a service that they pay for.

Thanks for the reviews.

- New logo is going to be shield dark maroon/reddish color with black, armor like.
- Sidebar on mobile issue should be fixed now. It is part of the header html which is loaded using JS, which was previously forced to not cache.

The site will undergo some major changes this week.

Having someone else write the content ;)
This what happens when you have to many features built in, but not enough resources/time to explain appropriately on site.

I will get back next week with the new site.

Thanks for the reviews.

- New logo is going to be shield dark maroon/reddish color with black, armor like.
- Sidebar on mobile issue should be fixed now. It is part of the header html which is loaded using JS, which was previously forced to not cache.

The site will undergo some major changes this week.

Having someone else write the content ;)
This what happens when you have to many features built in, but not enough resources/time to explain appropriately on site.

I will get back next week with the new site.
I Found a few issues on your site. I am always up for hire if you need help with site coding/changes. If you ever need a free web developer. Although your site is very nice. And I wish the best for your growing site.

I don't really see anything wrong with it apart from one thing. It's that the Logo in the Navigation-Bar has a big gap in-between 'Bounty' & 'Site'. Other than that, it looks great.

New Site is still in progress. It should be out by Wednesday. New logo is ready too.
Also have finished writing 2 new services FileTrail(full server backup) and SSHTrail(SSH Jumpbox). With SSHTrail, you can play full ssh sessions using asciinema.

My previous website versions did not go well.
I was looking at different site builder options, where I stumbled upon hugo + syna, which I felt was a good open source combo. So, do checkout!
Ofcourse! you have the paid option of Mobirise and Bootstrap studio, which is decent.

Thanks @Weboogle

@Ghost: We ended up spending a lot of time in building the platform. We spent more time fixing code than development. The platform will scale and most exceptions are taken care of.
Our website backup into revision control is rock solid and works seamlessly well with Disaster Recovery, Staging environments and Optimize PageSpeed.

We are going to focus on security aspect, by building security patches and signatures for new malwares and vulnerabilities.

My previous website versions did not go well.
I was looking at different site builder options, where I stumbled upon hugo + syna, which I felt was a good open source combo. So, do checkout!
Of course! you have the paid option of Mobirise and Bootstrap studio, which is decent.

Thanks @Weboogle

@Ghost: We ended up spending a lot of time in building the platform. We spent more time fixing code than development. The platform will scale and most exceptions are taken care of.
Our website backup into revision control is rock solid and works seamlessly well with Disaster Recovery, Staging environments and Optimize PageSpeed.

We are going to focus on security aspect, by building security patches and signatures for new malwares and vulnerabilities.
Sorry to hear that your site didn't work out! I hope your new project is a lot more successful :)

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom