Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Nora Krop

New Coder
Dear bros (and hoes),

I’m a 25 y.o virgin looking to be pointed in the right direction :notworthy:

My personal development goal is to learn how to create the following:
  • Cloud-based web application
  • User-friendly interface
  • Purpose built application for financial analysis
  • Replicates what Excel does but an end user will never have to see or touch an Excel formula or any lines of code
For example, I intend to create a module on which can allow an end user to input assumptions (e.g. price x volume) in order to achieve an output answer (e.g. revenue).

End goal is to create a purpose built comprehensive module which can perform highly complex calculations, similar to what an Excel expert can achieve using an Excel spreadsheet.

I have no technical background, but am willing to start learning the fundamentals first.

Cheers,
NKrop

Hi @Nora Krop,

Welcome to Code Forum!

It's great that you have set yourself a goal, (probably something I should do). So from the details that you provided such Cloud Based Web Application to an application for financial analysis would require you to start learning some of the basics such as HTML, CSS then moving onto JavaScript, PHP or even C++ and so on. So my recommendation is start with HTML and CSS, that will give you a better footing for when tackling items off your list.

Most importantly start small, work your way up by creating small projects then moving up to medium and so on.

I hope this helps!

Hi @Nora Krop,

Welcome to Code Forum!

It's great that you have set yourself a goal, (probably something I should do). So from the details that you provided such Cloud Based Web Application to an application for financial analysis would require you to start learning some of the basics such as HTML, CSS then moving onto JavaScript, PHP or even C++ and so on. So my recommendation is start with HTML and CSS, that will give you a better footing for when tackling items off your list.

Most importantly start small, work your way up by creating small projects then moving up to medium and so on.

I hope this helps!
Thanks Malcolm. Appreciate your response!

I am starting off with Harvard’s CS50 Introduction to Computer Science. Hopefully this course will help build my foundations.

Cheers,
NKrop

Other great learning resources include, but not limited to, freecodecamp.org, w3schools.com (great for referencing) and multiple mobile phone apps that all teach the basics of html, css, javascript and the proper way to use them in an overall web layout.

Good luck on your project, if you need any assistance, we are here to help :)

Happy coding!

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom