Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Need to build a slideshow display for showcasing partners, how do I go about doing this?

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Hi Coders,

I'm looking to build a widget for our sidebar to display our partners in a cleaner way. I started playing around with HTML & CSS while following along to a tutorial on slide shows by W3School, I noticed that it requires JavaScript, do I really need JavaScript in building a slideshow? I'm not really familiar with it and was hoping I use some sort of HTML element to help work around this.

I haven't touched Javascript just yet but I think it's one of the next topics at uni for our web development module. I don't want to 100% confirm this but I'm pretty sure Javascript will be needed if you want them to move and act like a gallery/slideshow. If it's just images next to each other (like 2x2 layout) then you could do it with just HTML and CSS.

I haven't touched Javascript just yet but I think it's one of the next topics at uni for our web development module. I don't want to 100% confirm this but I'm pretty sure Javascript will be needed if you want them to move and act like a gallery/slideshow. If it's just images next to each other (like 2x2 layout) then you could do it with just HTML and CSS.
Thanks, Ash! That’s what I presumed, but thought I’d try finding an alternative. Thank you!
Something like this?
Yep, exactly the one I was following!

Yeah, probably.

If you want it to move then yeah, definitely. I was going to say that if you just wanted it to move using just CSS when the user hovers over it then you could've used CSS's transition function: :hover where once the user hovers over the image, it switches to the next one. But, then unless CSS has a feature where it transitions to a completely different image/text then looks like JS is your only option. None of this is exactly achievable with HTML or CSS only.

I guess my worry with the tutorial I simply don’t want to copy and paste the code, you get what I mean? I want to actually build it myself, is this the right mentally that I should have?

There are loads of example codes online that can be used for the sidebar. Copy it, modify it and use it, as @Tealk mentioned. By modifying and playing around with it, you make it unique and you will end up learning about the code itself as well.

Back
Top Bottom