Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New forum added!

Hello Coders!

I just wanted to inform you guys that I have added a new forum section called “Other Coding/Programming Languages” to the section Programing.

I’m working on redoing forum sections so it fits everyone’s needs in some way. If you have any suggestions please feel free to suggest away :)

Cheers!

Hello Coders!

I just wanted to inform you guys that I have added a new forum section called “Other Coding/Programming Languages” to the section Programing.

I’m working on redoing forum sections so it fits everyone’s needs in some way. If you have any suggestions please feel free to suggest away :)

Cheers!
I think you should temporarily remove some of the more empty sections and have people use the general one you just made for now.
Then if any language becomes popular, you can add a specific section

I think you should temporarily remove some of the more empty sections and have people use the general one you just made for now.
Then if any language becomes popular, you can add a specific section
Good idea! I’ll make some changes

This new section isn't getting that much attentinon =/
Well it’s just meant for other coding languages that don’t have a spot.
As @Malcolm said, any other Programming-Language such as Ruby, Perl, Pascal, MATLAB etc. that don't have their own Board on this Forum, go here.

But just because it's not getting used, doesn't mean that we should get rid of it. A lot of people probably don't want to talk about HTML or Java as they don't know it. They may know Ruby or Perl so they'll go to this Board to talk about them instead and that's actually a good thing. Because it shows that the people here on CF, know Languages other than Java, Python or C++.

Looking at it anyway, a couple of Threads have been made about the XML Markup-Language, a Thread about ASP.net/C#, a Thread about LaTex and one that I made, which was about the Ruby Programming-Language.

But overtime, this Board will start getting more attention. I think it's just that most people here seem to know Python, HTML and JavaScript(Looking at the Thread and Message-Counters on them anyway).

Find a new coding language and feature it on CF.
I don't think that's on @Malcolm's radar right now.

I think that Lua should maybe be moved as it barely gets any attention. The rest that are currently there can stay. But looking at the TIOBE Index(https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index//), Ruby seems to be increasing in popularity quite fast, so maybe add a Board for that. I myself am quite interested in Ruby and I feel like adding one can benefit me and a lot of others looking into learning Ruby.

Let's feature TIOBE on CF.
I started a thread in the Lua section - "What's Lua?!"
There are so many coding languages out there.
Let's start getting exposed to them and use those languages.

Back
Top Bottom