Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Feedback New forum colors

• Thread starter Deleted member 2829
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2829

Ouch, what horrible colors the forum has suddenly ! It hurts the eye, especially looking at code with syntax highlighting. Blue on blue is really not a good idea.
Was this changed because of the syntax highlighting, which I guess is a new feature ? Then a medium gray would be a much better change than dark blue.

Ouch, what horrible colors the forum has suddenly ! It hurts the eye, especially looking at code with syntax highlighting. Blue on blue is really not a good idea.
Was this changed because of the syntax highlighting, which I guess is a new feature ? Then a medium gray would be a much better change than dark blue.
It’s a work in progress. But thank you for your feedback!

Changed to older theme to make corrections. Again thank you for the feedback.

Changed to older theme to make corrections. Again thank you for the feedback.
Ah yes, that is SO much better 😊 It is far easier to distinguish shades of gray than shades of blue. And gray, while boring, is really the best choice for a background.

Could we have some control over font size? I need a larger one. And some of the colors in the code are hard for me to see.

Could we have some control over font size? I need a larger one. And some of the colors in the code are hard for me to see.
You may want to try another theme in the meantime by clicking the paint brush in the footer on the left corner.

I’ll be working on making some improvements shortly.

Thanks for that -- My eyes are in your debt -- While you're working on the forum could we have a button or whatever that allows us to follow a thread without posting to it?

Thanks for that -- My eyes are in your debt -- While you're working on the forum could we have a button or whatever that allows us to follow a thread without posting to it?
You should be able to already. If you go to a thread and in the top right corner you should see a button labeled as "Watch" click that and you should get notifications anytime someone posts.

21-10-ofike-nl8zy.png

If you don't see it, let me know and I can look into it.

Just being a bit pedantic here, but on the theme chooser, dark is spelt in all capitals whereas light is not.

1682090686238.png

FYI this wasn’t the theme that this original thread was regarding. It’s one of our spares, so I may not spend so much time improving things on this theme.

But I do appreciate all the feedback!

Any of these 3 themes is fine IMO, even the Shades of Blue is very smart. It was just the original green and blue theme that sparked the thread that was a bit of a shock 😮

Any of these 3 themes is fine IMO, even the Shades of Blue is very smart. It was just the original green and blue theme that sparked the thread that was a bit of a shock 😮
Would you be able to share your critques on the blue and green one? Still want to revive it and have it as an additional theme that can be picked from.

Would you be able to share your critques on the blue and green one? Still want to revive it and have it as an additional theme that can be picked from.
I thought, but it's a personal opinion, that the green was obnoxious and did not go with the blue. There were too many shades of too dark blue, and the code highlighting was difficult to read as it also uses blue. I would not bother with this theme if I were you. The Shades of Blue is stylish though ! And well readable. You really don't need another blue theme.

I'm a light theme user and everything looks okay. I was quite happy with the previous one we had: the black ribbon bar at the top was more pleasing to the eye and I don't think the orange goes well on this theme(e.g. on the 'post thread' button or that progress bar for new users).

The blue theme is definitely quite appealing but it's just too vivid for my eyes - might it be possible to have a lighter variant? I think if you're going to be messing about with themes, perhaps do it on a test site? Obviously, it limits feedback if you only allow certain people on to it, but it's better than making it confusing for people when we come on and see the site theme constantly undergoing developments.

Also, what happened with the new logo? Have you reverted back to the old one or is this just temporary?

Yes, light for me too. I don't believe the old theme needed changing, although I appreciate that sometimes you want something new just for the hell of it.
As for the logo, nice to have the old one back. I still like it better, it is funny and personal while the new one is merely smart and stylish. It occurred to me that if you change the logo you'd also have to change the merchandise 😉

A bit more feedback for the light theme: when using the @ sign to mention someone, there is hardly a difference in colour, so it's hard to tell now if I have correctly written somebody's name if I mentioned them. Could you possibly change this so it's more visible?

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom