Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New to coding, first project

RF88

New Coder
Hello all,

first off all very new to this forum so apologies if I have placed this thread in the wrong place etc.

I have started to learn coding on python 3.

I am wanting to start a project which I would like to create a program that I can enter sku codes into and then out of that the program/ application to shows me the value and name of that sku code. Also looking for the program to add up all the skus as we go.

my question is what will be the best code language to learn be for this? Is it python? I was reading that Java maybe be better?

apologies for my lack of knowledge if this appears to be an easy answer.

thank you for your help

Raf

I hear Python is a tons of problems simpler than Java, but Java may be more stable, from version to version transition, regarding backwards compatibility. Though, backwards compatibility may be a burden to someone.

I haven't heard of Python having problems. However, I would imagine Python would be a lot more straight forward to learn. I haven't learned eitther but I believe Python would be your best bet.

none of the above :D by SKU you mean stock checking? If your doing the same as me what you want is to enter an SKU and then pull the data that is assigned to that SKU from a database.

If it was me I would do this with SQL and PHP, SQL to store your data in a database and PHP is what pulls the data for you, added bonus of doing it this way. Is it can be online so you could log in anywhere and get your stock :D

Cheers guys, if I build the code in python,
What software would I use to then change that code in t
none of the above :D by SKU you mean stock checking? If your doing the same as me what you want is to enter an SKU and then pull the data that is assigned to that SKU from a database.

If it was me I would do this with SQL and PHP, SQL to store your data in a database and PHP is what pulls the data for you, added bonus of doing it this way. Is it can be online so you could log in anywhere and get your stock :D
Hi Simong,

I won’t be using it for stock count the skus is to be entered to show me how much the product made and what the product was. I have build this before in excel but with the amount I have to use it for the sheet gets very slow...

So I am looking really to build something where I would have a box that you enter the sku then this would shows the price it made and the name of the product. Then add that to a list for the months sales.

Cheers guys, if I build the code in python,
What software would I use to then change that code in t

Hi Simong,

I won’t be using it for stock count the skus is to be entered to show me how much the product made and what the product was. I have build this before in excel but with the amount I have to use it for the sheet gets very slow...

So I am looking really to build something where I would have a box that you enter the sku then this would shows the price it made and the name of the product. Then add that to a list for the months sales.
thats PHP my friend, most databases for stock tracking get built with that, i built my own to monitor all of my stock, profit etc etc :D

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom