Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

NOOB assistance - send command from web page to Pi

jsmwrench

New Coder
Hi all.

I'm pretty much a NOOB to this, but I have dabbled in C++ and HTML/CSS and I've also programmed some Arduino projects. This project, however, is larger than my experience, but I believe I can get through this if I just take one step at a time. To explain my project as simply as possible here is the goal:

-- There is going to be an equipment "Control Panel" on a screen used to control equipment and give readouts to the user
-- Inputs from the user on the Control Panel will be sent to a Raspberry Pi (which is hosting the web page/Control Panel)
-- The Pi will then signals to one of two different Arduinos that will actually control the equipment
-- Simultaneously, the Arduinos will be sending sensor and mechanical information to the Pi
-- The Pi will then "post" those readings on the web page/Control Panel
-- All of this needs to happen and update "live"

This is what I've accomplished so far:

-- The Arduinos are programmed and operate the machinery perfectly.
-- I have used HTML/CSS to make a web page to act as a Control Panel
-- I've got a Raspberry Pi installed with an OS (set up in Kiosk mode), Apache2, and mySQL
-- The web page has been successfully loaded onto the Raspberry Pi and displays properly
-- Using JavaScript and HTML/CSS, I have all of the buttons working as far as indicating whether they have been selected/pushed

So I guess my next step and question is: How do I get the signal that the button has been pushed to Raspberry Pi? I suppose I'll also have to know: How do I put this signal or command into a variable to be stored and retrieved on the Pi?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Ron.

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom