Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

PeerJS Server on Cyclic.sh or Render.com

JAA17

New Coder
I am trying to get my own PeerJS Server working on the Free accounts of either Cyclic.sh or Render.com. (Or please let me know if you know other free accounts where this could be possible).

For example, on Cyclic I can get a copy of PeerJS Server loaded into Cyclic.sh, but the actual listener does not listen, returning a 500 error.

Could anyone give a dummy's tutorial?

Rather than looking for a tutorial, I would personally focus on the error and try to understand and fix it. I know nothing about Cyclic.sh or PeerJS, but I have some experience with listeners. If you say the "actual listener does not listen" what exactly do you mean ? What is the "actual listener" (terminology ?) and what exactly does or doesn't it do ? If it returns a 500 error, which is a Sever Internal Error, it seems unlikely that it is not listening at all - it suggests that it is listening, has accepted a connection, and then the client got a 500 error. Please clarify. Is there a logfile of the listener/server, or is there maybe a logfile in your Cyclic.sh framework that may have details ? Could it be a configuration error ?

Back
Top Bottom