Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

JavaScript PowerPoint automation

Paddy200

New Coder
Hi, i am trying to learn about a programmer’s ability to write code (macros?) that integrates with Microsoft to automate key actions in a presentation file e.g. reset all fonts to template, or reset all heading positions to template etc… can anyone direct me on this? Thx

Hi, i am trying to learn about a programmer’s ability to write code (macros?) that integrates with Microsoft to automate key actions in a presentation file e.g. reset all fonts to template, or reset all heading positions to template etc… can anyone direct me on this? Thx
Hi there,
Can you be a bit more specific, and a bit more clear as to the intentions of this functionality?

Hi, i work with large volumes of slides and many of the tasks are repetitive - like reset slide layout - and PPTx native commands are quite limited. I am interested to learn how far, theoretically, a programmer with the right skills could write an add-in/macro or some kind of tool to add custom functionality for repetitive tasks applied across all or selected slides?

Hi, i work with large volumes of slides and many of the tasks are repetitive - like reset slide layout - and PPTx native commands are quite limited. I am interested to learn how far, theoretically, a programmer with the right skills could write an add-in/macro or some kind of tool to add custom functionality for repetitive tasks applied across all or selected slides?
With the right knowledge (and maybe a few tutorials on youtube lol), someone can write macros that can compromise your system...which is why one should be careful of what it is they are asking to be one ;)... which is also why the I.T. Department and sysadmins tell us to not open up random word/pdf files sent from unknown sources lol

Hi thanks, my needs are more sophisticated. I want to learn about the possibilities for developing a commercial grade add-in, that interacts with PPTx in very specific ways, but more complex than a simple ‘addition’ to the software as i want to ‘instruct’ PPTx to complete repetition tasks to the users precise specification.

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom