Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Suggestion Privacy/Security Discussion Board

D

Dan-Kode

Hey there.

I've recently just gotten the Idea of CF having a Board for talking about Privacy and maybe some Security-Related stuff. Users can talk about how their Data is being used, how to stop Data-Collection and for Security, they can maybe talk about how to stay safe online and how to keep their Files and Accounts more secure.

I think it could do well as there are quite a few people here on CF(Notably, me and @Tealk) who are quite Privacy-Conscious. There are also people who are quite into Security stuff so that can also work out too. Adding Boards for these two Subjects could further expand CFs Community and opens up a wider gate for Members who care about Privacy and Security.

Let me hear your thoughts on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no such thing as a good Anti-Virus. Anti-Virus is snake oil and opens more security holes than it can close.
Well, you're actually right. There is no good Anti-Virus and there never will be one. They only serve as an extra layer of Security but they're sort of mediocre in my opinion. Mind you, if a Security Board does get added, people might actually ask about a 'Good Anti-Virus' so....

I'll edit that bit out. Edited it out now.

Then I would always say: "There is no good program, the best is if you think before you do something."
:Rofl:

But yes could be interesting, so far I am in a German forum on the way which deals purely with data protection.
There are a lot more blatant people than us; one of them runs a firewall on a whitelist basis.

I think it would be a good idea to add a privacy and security board. Everyone has questions on those 2 subjects, so it would benefit the community to have a central place to discuss this.

Hmm, it's hard because this topic has its importance but then doesn't really go by what CodeForum is meant to be. But I think that Security/Privacy is important for you to think about while coding but not sure where it should go etc. Is there a demand for it here on CF?

Hmm, it's hard because this topic has its importance but then doesn't really go by what CodeForum is meant to be. But I think that Security/Privacy is important for you to think about while coding but not sure where it should go etc. Is there a demand for it here on CF?
It could be something worth adding but it's always the demand that you need to think about. I think waiting on about 2-3 more Replies should tell you if there is a demand for a Board like it.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom