Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Python Problem with code

camilin05

New Coder
Hi, I have a problem with this code:

Python:
x = int(input())

if x <= 100:
  y = 0.1
else:
  y = 0.25

precio = x * (1 - y)
print(precio)

The code seems fine to me, but I'm not expecting the answer that I wanted in the last testcase of the challenge that my teacher sent me. Here are the inputs and expected outputs:

58 = 52.2
7=6.3
200=150
199=149.3

When I display the code with the last input, the answer is 149.25, which is not what im looking for, what should I do?

Based on the Python code you post here, there is no reason why Python should print 149.3 instead of 149.25. There must be something you're not telling us.
BTW Your statement I'm not expecting the answer that I wanted both amuses and confounds me. I guess you meant I'm not getting the answer that I expected ?

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom