Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Solved Reply function

Do you want the "select to quote" function?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What the hell's that?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tealk

Platinum Coder
I don't like the reply function because it's limited to 4 answers.

Has the "select-to-quote" function been lost? It is much more user-friendly because you can explicitly refer to certain sections of text. Every conversation is therefore much clearer.

Last edited:
Nothing which destroys functionality just didn’t look too good. But perhaps I can enable it again and put a poll up to see what everyone thinks, how does that sound?

So I'm sure voting for yes, I like it when I can quote sections of text with two clicks.
It's very easy to comment on several posts.
Okay awesome I’ll enable this shortly!

I did a survey, so you don't have to do it anymore.

Unfortunately I couldn't put the picture in the first post anymore because I don't have any rights on a prefix

Can you insert the image above so that users can quickly see what is meant by the survey?
Yep, it's added.

Edit: I'm a little confused because it's already active? Are you able to do it yourself?

Yep, it's added.

Edit: I'm a little confused because it's already active? Are you able to do it yourself?
I believe they are saying that they do not have permission to use a certain thread prefix so XenForo is preventing them from saving / editing the thread because the prefix is in the title. I may be wrong though.

We'll have to look into it. That's somewhat annoying because it's an unintended result of having accurate prefixes that only staff can apply to threads in this section.
I appreciate you pointing it out, but I'm not sure what the solution may be yet.

You can't change that without an add-on.
I also didn't want to make a problem out of it, just to explain why I don't insert the image myself.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I'm a little lost, what exactly is the issue? From this thread, I've got several issues that you reported.
  • The 'select to quote' option is now enabled.
  • Comments are the depth of 4. I have contacted the developer in hopes of adding a tagging feature that once you reach of the depth of 4 that it'll just tag the user. I may even switch addons.
  • You should be able to add pictures to your threads/posts, can you confirm?
  • And what thread prefixes don't you have permission to?

The 'select to quote' option is now enabled.
Yeah, I think that's great.

Comments are the depth of 4. I have contacted the developer in hopes of adding a tagging feature that once you reach of the depth of 4 that it'll just tag the user. I may even switch addons.
This is a design problem of the add-on but doesn't bother me so much.
The only problem is when it can reach the depth of 4 "select to quote" doesn't work anymore.

You should be able to add pictures to your threads/posts, can you confirm?
Yes, that goes without problems

And what thread prefixes don't you have permission to?
I couldn't edit the post because I don't have access to the prefix "In progress".

//Edit
I also forget that there is this comment function :x3:

This is a design problem of the add-on but doesn't bother me so much.
The only problem is when it can reach the depth of 4 "select to quote" doesn't work anymore.
Okay, that's more clear now! I'll bring this to their attention as well! Thanks for clearing this up.

Yes, that goes without problems
Perfect!

I couldn't edit the post because I don't have access to the prefix "In progress".
Are you still not able to edit the post?

But that's not a bug.
Ghost has already described it correctly
We'll have to look into it. That's somewhat annoying because it's an unintended result of having accurate prefixes that only staff can apply to threads in this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom