Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Read Me Say goodbye to Post Comments

Hello Coders!
I have recently made the decision to scrap the post comments feature. The reason that I made this decision is because I found that it didn’t look good and affects the flow of the thread posts.

No data was lost in this removal. The comments were just inserted into the thread post flow.

I hope this change benefits the community. If you have any questions or wish to provide some feedback please feel free to post down below. :)

Stack overflow seems to be the example of when to use post comments. I can see your take on letting them go but when relevant it's actually not that bad. When a user is looking for an answer from google for example sometimes they don't want to read down the page and can find their answer more easily.

Either way the sites looking good. Mostly comments are good for guest traffic to get their answer faster in my opinion is what it's used for.

Stack overflow seems to be the example of when to use post comments. I can see your take on letting them go but when relevant it's actually not that bad. When a user is looking for an answer from google for example sometimes they don't want to read down the page and can find their answer more easily.

Either way the sites looking good. Mostly comments are good for guest traffic to get their answer faster in my opinion is what it's used for.
I definitely get what you mean, that’s kinda where I got it from. But we have a feature called “Mark post as solution” that will mark that particular post as a green colour. And at the top or bottom of the page it will say jump to solution. You can see the official posting for that here https://codeforum.org/threads/code-forums-q-a-system-has-changed.617/

I know this more old news at this point, but I did like this feature. I felt that it was handy to have as one didn't need to write a full-fledged reply, but rather a quick-reply that can easily be seen.

Yeah, it doesn't exactly fit in with a forum but either way, it was still handy to have. I particularly found them useful when wanting to add on extra bits of information to a post, without having to back and editing it.

I hope to see this feature come back at some point in the future.

I know this more old news at this point, but I did like this feature. I felt that it was handy to have as one didn't need to write a full-fledged reply, but rather a quick-reply that can easily be seen.

Yeah, it doesn't exactly fit in with a forum but either way, it was still handy to have. I particularly found them useful when wanting to add on extra bits of information to a post, without having to back and editing it.

I hope to see this feature come back at some point in the future.
I get what you mean. It was useful for me. However if in the future that the addons becomes more appealing with the flow then I wouldn’t mind bringing it back.

Well, guess I'll just need to prefix my reply to somebody with (Comment).

I get what you mean. It was useful for me. However if in the future that the addons becomes more appealing with the flow then I wouldn’t mind bringing it back.
(Comment) Well, it makes me sort of happy to know that they may make a return someday.

I personally like them gone. That way people can focus on replies and use the quote feature :)

Some things just work!

Well, guess I'll just need to prefix my reply to somebody with (Comment).

(Comment)
Well, it makes me sort of happy to know that they may make a return someday.
Hahaha, that works too! And maybe, may or may not. But we'll see.
I personally like them gone. That way people can focus on replies and use the quote feature :)

Some things just work!
Good point, I just find now the flow is easier to read and there was a problem with the add-on I was using where if you had made a comment it wouldn't count as "new post".

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom