Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

markvet123

New Coder
I'm a newbie into all this but I want to learn new things, and here's my problem. I want to create a search bar which would work like this:

When user types "Summer" into search bar, only tiles/cards that contains word Summer(there might be a case that couple of them will contain word summer if it matters) will pop up.

Also I'm curious if the script for this search bar have to be based on the words that are in the divs or if it's possible to add special value to the tile/card(like a class or smthg), because I'm not sure if I want to put any words in the tiles/cards(I'm planning to put photos inside them), but if it will be needed I will put words as well - hopefully you will understand what I mean.

I'm totally confused how to do it, I found some basic search bars but they were made on 'ul' attribute and my design is made on divs, I mean I don't need to use divs if there's easier way to do this search bar but I want to keep the design of these tiles/cards as it is. Hopefully my goal is clear, any help will be very much appreciated!

Here's my code: https://jsfiddle.net/8td4gaym/

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom