Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Server-to-server/ Database/Client communication

elyjahstravis

New Coder
Just to start off, I am not very knowledgeable at all coding-wise. I'm attempting to tackle a project that I know is way over my head, but I have nothing but time to learn and figure it out.

I'm in the process of creating an app that uses other apps' features all together in one package. When I say features, this encompasses pretty much the entirety of the other apps' functionality and my app will do this with multiple other apps simultaneously. The function of my app is to take multiple apps that perform similar tasks and combine them all into one simple app to use.
To achieve this my app will have to log a user into all of the other applications as if they are using the other application and send their servers requests simultaneously. Then direct confirmation of task completion to the user's client.

I drew up a diagram that depicts what I would assume this will look like.
I'm aware that this is very simplified.

My questions are whether or not this structure could work or if it needs to be completely different and what I need to learn to begin creating functionality.
I plan on creating a bare-bones website and connecting it all with this or what is recommended to gain a proof of concept before I spend time in CSS and Swift creating a beautiful app or website.

Also, this isn't code related but just in case a reader might have information, does this stand to be a legal application to create? My app will essentially render the other apps useless to ever use. Backend App Diagram.png

Just to start off, I am not very knowledgeable at all coding-wise. I'm attempting to tackle a project that I know is way over my head, but I have nothing but time to learn and figure it out.

I'm in the process of creating an app that uses other apps' features all together in one package. When I say features, this encompasses pretty much the entirety of the other apps' functionality and my app will do this with multiple other apps simultaneously. The function of my app is to take multiple apps that perform similar tasks and combine them all into one simple app to use.
To achieve this my app will have to log a user into all of the other applications as if they are using the other application and send their servers requests simultaneously. Then direct confirmation of task completion to the user's client.

I drew up a diagram that depicts what I would assume this will look like.
I'm aware that this is very simplified.

My questions are whether or not this structure could work or if it needs to be completely different and what I need to learn to begin creating functionality.
I plan on creating a bare-bones website and connecting it all with this or what is recommended to gain a proof of concept before I spend time in CSS and Swift creating a beautiful app or website.

Also, this isn't code related but just in case a reader might have information, does this stand to be a legal application to create? My app will essentially render the other apps useless to ever use. View attachment 2031
Hey there
I may have missed it in your explanation, but, what is the purpose of your application? Just asking due to your questioning the legality of your app

Hey there
I may have missed it in your explanation, but, what is the purpose of your application? Just asking due to your questioning the legality of your app
It'll be a hub or a 3rd party extension that combines functionality of multiple apps into one app. From what I've researched so far, legal isn't an issue as long as my app identify as a 3rd party extension.

It'll be a hub or a 3rd party extension that combines functionality of multiple apps into one app. From what I've researched so far, legal isn't an issue as long as my app identify as a 3rd party extension.
Interesting concept, but I would take extreme caution regarding the data you are planning to keep in your database(s), security wise.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom