Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Should we add Angular, React and TypeScript forum?

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Hello Coders!

Just curious if anyone would be interested in the following forums:
  • Angular
  • React
  • TypeScript

It would be nice to introduce as there is a demand globally with commercial businesses using AngularJS and React for most UI Design it could be somthing to look at in the future to support and add here.

It would be nice to introduce as there is a demand globally with commercial businesses using AngularJS and React for most UI Design it could be somthing to look at in the future to support and add here.
I guess as I mentioned before I don't want to add a forum that is just going to sit there and not get used.

I agree, one of the reasons i mentioned somthing to sit on for the future :) as it is getting more and more popular, but saying that you never know in 1 or 2 years time somthing else new will come out, technology is evolving very fast

I agree, one of the reasons i mentioned somthing to sit on for the future :) as it is getting more and more popular, but saying that you never know in 1 or 2 years time somthing else new will come out, technology is evolving very fast
Incredibly fast! Well, I'll leave the decision to add these forums up to the community!

Figured that I'd get discussion going again, seeing as this thread does apply to more than the languages/frameworks listed above(As can be told by the "Other" option in the poll).

I think what we should be doing, is we should be adding new boards based on the popularity of a language or framework. For example, Ruby is an increasingly growing language that's getting more and more developers every month. The language is mainly used to build websites by using the Ruby-On-Rails framework and since it's all about web-development, makes Ruby a very attractive language for web-development.

R is another popular language, widely used for data-science and analytics. It can be a sweet alternative for data-scientists who(Like myself), do not like Python or happen to not know the language or it's libraries very well. R also has plenty of libraries, which makes it a customizable and adaptable language.

For languages, we can use the TIOBE Index. Of course, we need to take it with a pinch of salt, as data can of course, be inaccurate. StackOverflow also does surveys, although I'm not sure if they cover language popularity.

For things like frameworks/libraries/APIs, we need to look into these more often. Google's TensorFlow seems to be popular among people looking to get into AI and machine-learning. So, perhaps we could add that in the case that people here in CF want to learn and use AI. Frameworks like Electron, React, Xamarin, and Apache Cordova are becoming popular for building cross-platform and mobile-applications. So, boards for these could also increase popularity and discussion on CF, due to these frameworks being extremely popular at the moment.

For popular frameworks/libraries/APIs, we'll need to continuously browse the web, and maybe even check GitHub quite often, for popular frameworks/libraries/APIs. Mind you, with so many frameworks and APIs being developed, one can sometimes overtake the other due to certain reasons whether it be due to performance, underlying-technology, ease-of-use, etc. So if an API or framework dies out and loses its popularity, there will come a time for its board to be removed from CF, that is unless the CF community wants it to stay(For reasons such as getting further support and help, despite it being a dead framework. Some people may also find it difficult or be unable to convert from a dead framework or API due to certain reasons such as it impacting development).

This is just my side of the coin. Feel free to add in yours.

The following have been added:
React
Angular
TypeScript

Already done, but personally I would've thought that Angular/React/others could have gone into a more generic JS Framework forum

Already done, but personally I would've thought that Angular/React/others could have gone into a more generic JS Framework forum
By this you mean add a JS Framework Forum?

By this you mean add a JS Framework Forum?
I believe that's what he means. So, instead of having to fracture everything into smaller boards, you just have one large board dedicated to JavaScript frameworks. The same can be applied to the board for any other language that has frameworks available(Java, Ruby, Python, etc.)

If that’s the case I think we should keep these frameworks within their related language because I don’t think it would be a good idea to have so many boards for frameworks then another board for that framework language. It would cause a lot of confusion.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom