Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Social Networks

Ohh wow, I never knew that. I wonder if they've patched it now?
well, it's been so long I bet they have patched everything now
At Wubur.com we just create custom social networks for our clients....for their customers, staff, visitors, etc... we just make them from scratch. I haven't used anything like Oxwall in years for social network features...we just make it all from scratch: sign up, login, dashboard, news feeds, notifications, profile pages, live chat, private messaging, etc.... it's all easy for me, it just takes time.

Free Social Media Management Tools

1. Hootsuite. Like many of these tools, Hootsuite offers both free and premium plans
2. Buffer. Like Hootsuite, Buffer has been in the social media management space for a long time
3. TweetDeck. via GIPHY
4. SocialBee
5. SocialOomph
6. Typito
7. Google Analytics
8. Social Pilot

Free Social Media Management Tools

1. Hootsuite. Like many of these tools, Hootsuite offers both free and premium plans
2. Buffer. Like Hootsuite, Buffer has been in the social media management space for a long time
3. TweetDeck. via GIPHY
4. SocialBee
5. SocialOomph
6. Typito
7. Google Analytics
8. Social Pilot
Thank you for sharing this list with me.

While there is some pretty decent Software out there to build a Social-Media Platform, I'm heavily against doing such a thing.

First, there is already too many Social-Media's. You have Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumbler, Tinder, Snapchat and plenty of others. Why would we need another one? What is your Social-Media going to have that will make it stand-out? That's what you need to think about. Facebook and Twitter are for Posts/Comments, Videos, Events, News and Groups. Flickr, Instagram, Imgur and Pinterest are for sharing Photos. Does your Social-Media do all of the same things that they do or does it have something that will make it stand-out.

Secondly, the fact that you're going to be using Pre-Made Software. Now there is nothing wrong with using Software. Either it be for a Forum or a Blog, there is nothing wrong with it. But for a Social-Media Platform? Are you out of your mind? It would be much better to make a Social-Media by hand using Programming-Languages such as PHP and (My)SQL. And if you don't know them, then learn them! If you use Software for a Social-Media Platform, then you're going to be restricting yourself. What if there is a Security-Vulnerability that can be fatal to User-Data? You'll need to wait for the Development-Team that made the Software to create a Patch for it and then it has to go through testing to make sure it's fixed and by the time they release it, the User-Data will have most likely been leaked or stolen by then. Were as if you made your Platform by hand, you'd be able to dig through the Code yourself and try to fix it but you'll also have to be quick.

Again, I'm heavily against you doing such a thing and I suggest you drop the Idea. It's a complete waste of time and if you don't create the Platform by hand and it doesn't have something that will stand-out from the rest, it will never take off or gain a following. Besides, you're @Weboogle(Or on ForumPromotion.net, Web2019) so you'll pretty much never listen to what I say and will instead say some terrible "Inspirational Quote" that doesn't relate to what I said in any way.

I guess depending on the scope that you'd like to create for your social media platform ... maybe you can control how visible it is ... restrict to a certain community. I think that was part of the reason why Diaspora was created ... but I think that was mainly created to give more control to a user over their content.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom