Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Some of my recent ideas

D

Deleted member 65

TechStream: A refreshing name that evokes intelligence and momentum. Possible uses: A software company. A ecommerce platform. A news app.

Who wants to work with me on this project? Any takers? 3 Possible uses.

Fire Chat: Spice things up during your next conversation with this intimate, toasty name. Possible uses: A chat platform. A social network. An app. A conference. A TV show. A VOIP network.

Chat Bubble: A lighthearted name that evokes communication and fun. Possible uses: A social app. A messaging platform. A help desk.

While TechStream could work as a News-App for Tech, it in no way, will work as an E-commerce Platform or a Software-Company.

For a Company, you need to go through your Countries Business-Registrar and fill out all of your Information for the Company. Then you need to hire Employees which will also need to be paid for. You'll also need a building in which all of the work will be done in(But at the start, it will either be your house or a garage).

Running a Business isn't easy. You'll need to manage Employees, Finances, Paperwork and what your Business will be working on.

As for an E-commerce Platform. Forget it. An E-commerce Platform involves a lot of Programming and Server/Database Work. You'll need to setup a Database in which Seller-Info, Account-Info and Credit Card Details will be stored in.

Then, you need to create the Submission Process that will let Users sell Products on the E-commerce Site. You'll need to create Forms for the User to fill-out and then have those Forms send and receive Data from the Databases.

I highly advise scrapping the E-commerce Idea. We don't need a new E-commerce Platform unless it does something that could make it a Competitor to Amazon and eBay. In fact, I highly doubt anybody would move to the new Platform as everybody uses Amazon and eBay now. Not to mention that they've been around for a lot longer, have improved overtime and have had a ton of work poured into them.

(And I'm gonna be honest here. TechStream is not a fitting Name for an E-commerce Platform).

I disagree with you that an e-commerce site needs to compete with Amazon or Ebay. Plenty of small businesses across the United States (and the world to be honest) are selling products online. They have check out processes that allow customers to buy products directly on their site without visiting another digital marketplace. For example, at Wubur we allow our customers to pay for subscriptions / services in their user portal, and buy products too. Although we are not an e-commerce store with a public store on our site, we still have the same functionality as an e-commerce store. We accept credit/debit cards, PayPal, and even wire transfers. The cool thing is that we only pay the regular processing fees from our agreements with various payment processors that we use and we don't have to pay any fees to Amazon or Ebay.

My friend has an e-commerce store that he uses to sell homemade ethernet (and other) cables, sound equipment, devices, and more. He does a mix of selling items he owns & drop shipping to deliver products across the country. I think having an e-commerce store is definitely a profitable endeavor, as long as you focus on a niche that isn't saturated, don't try to sell everything, and have good quality items that customers want.

Then I would suggest making it an App or a Website. Of course, by the name, it needs to be about Technology.

And please, don't make it a Forum. Make it an actual Site built using HTML/CSS/JS or a tool like WordPress.

I have merged your threads into this single thread because you did not provide enough information for each to have its own thread. Please write a bit more for each if you want to make separate threads, or list your ideas in one thread.

I disagree with you that an e-commerce site needs to compete with Amazon or Ebay. Plenty of small businesses across the United States (and the world to be honest) are selling products online.
Well, yeah, you're right. It doesn't need to compete with Amazon or eBay. That's just how I saw the Original-Post. I am aware that there are also small Businesses selling their Products via their own Store. The same applies for bigger Businesses.

as long as you focus on a niche that isn't saturated, don't try to sell everything, and have good quality items that customers want.
I think a good Niche is something like the Art/Handcrafted stuff. Etsy is a good example of this. If you'd prefer something Handcrafted or a really nice Painting then Etsy is where you would most likely go.

Chat Bubble: A lighthearted name that evokes communication and fun. Possible uses: A social app. A messaging platform. A help desk.

Any ideas about this? A messaging platform, watch out messenger and WhatsApp. Lol. A social app would be cool. I’m on chat bubble, add me to your bubble. Hehe lol.

A messaging platform, watch out messenger and WhatsApp. Lol.
If you seriously think you can take on WhatsApp and Messenger, think again. Both of these Apps are owned by Facebook, the largest Social-Media Corporation in the world. You do not stand a chance against them in anyway whatsoever. Yes, there are other Messaging Apps but they came out around the same time as WhatsApp and Messenger were taking off. Creating a Messaging App now is worthless and there is no point as nobody would want to migrate.

And the fact that you said LOL, clearly implies that you aren't taking the Idea seriously so I suggest forgetting about a Messaging App.

Hey, @Weboogle.

I must say, that some of your ideas are not achievable by a beginner. Secondly, you seem to be using CF for ideas. And IDEAS only. Now, look at the C in CF. C = Code in CF. This is a Programming-Forum. Now there is nothing wrong with sharing ideas that others could use, but, you barely seem to be engaging in what CF is all about and that's Coding. So, how about you actually go to the Coding side of things and maybe learn a thing or two? Believe me, you'll benefit from it heavily and maybe you'll get to bring your ideas to life using Languages like HTML/CSS/JS, C or C++ and Java.

But again, please stop posting about Ideas and actually try to engage in what CF is all about. It's tiresome seeing all of your ideas on CF.

I'm pretty sure he once said that he knows HTML.

But, I really doubt that he does. As he never seems to be using those Skills.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom