Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

JavaScript vscode console

Pavel

Well-Known Coder
Hi 🙂

i am taking a course and the instructor is using VS Code

see below on the left

please note the right side "JavaSCript Fundemantals- Part 1" and below it runs the code

i want to output my JS like that... what i code on the left displays to the right

how can i do that?

i hope i am clear 🙂

thank you

console.png

What's in the image is just two separate windows side-by-side. You can drag VSCode to the left of your screen, and your browser to the right, and open the console in the browser.

Thanks, Johna!

console2.png

ok! i made it this far!

is this what you mean?

can i write my code in VSCode and have it appear in the browser? i am new at this, please be patient 🙂

my above screen shat has a diferent looking broswer and there it runs my VSCode code

help, please

@Pavel, install the extension "Live Server" into VScode. Link it to your browser [you can assign it to a hot key]
Now every change you make in VScode will automatically show up in the browser.

Here's another hint: When VScode is open and has focus Hold the window key and hit the right or left arrow. This will move the editor in that direction and resize to half the screen's width, It will also show all the windows you have open - clicking on the browser will make that the other half of your screen and put the other to sleep.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom