Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Read Me We have partnered with CodingHelp

CodeBann.png

Hello, Code Forum.

I am excited to share with you some news with you about me and Code Forum. I will briefly go over my current situation, our recent achievement and our new partnership!

My current situation
With the ongoing global crisis, and just like many others my job is classified as an essential service. I used to work 10-hour shifts but have recently accepted a promotion that requires me to work 12 hours shifts. Unfortunately, this does not leave a lot of time for Code Forum. With that being said, I apologize for being around less, but I can ensure that I have my best interests in Code Forum still and I will continue to grow this community.

Code Forum is nearing 400 registered coders

Woohoo! Code Forum continues to grow every day. We have now gotten to a stage where we are growing on our own. With this, we aren't stopping our efforts in marketing but shift our focus on its current member-base. This includes boosting activity, creating more community events, getting answers to unanswered threads and to grow our staff team.

Our next achievement will be 150 members; 150 members will bring new coding events where members of the community can choose to join a community-wide coding event of developing open-sourced software, websites, apps etc. which will be hosted on GitHub.

Yeah... haven't really followed this :rolleyes:, however, I have recently been thinking that as a community we should build an application that could help people with our current crisis. But, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this! With Coding challenges, it has been a challenge itself. As I'm not too advanced in programming yet to come up with coding challenges for the community to participate in. I'm hoping that once the community engagement staff get on their feet we would be able to start rolling out more challenges. However, I would like to extend an invitation to you - if you have an idea of a coding challenge and or an event please feel free to share with me. I'd be more than happy to look over and discuss it with you.

My current plan is that we will start hosting community-coding events when we hit a coder base of 450-500 registered coders. In the meantime, we will continue to host more frequent coding challenges to keep coders engaged and active. This will keep coders skills and help what they recently learned, stay fresh in their minds.

I would like to personally thank each and every one of you who has shown much support for Code Forum and coders seeking help. Let's keep this up! This community was founded on creating a friendly environment for all coders no matter of skill and or experience. Thank you so much! And, please don't hesitate or feel shy to try to help out other members, you don't necessarily need to know the answer but help troubleshoot, point the author in the right direction.

Code Forum has officially partnered with CodingHelp!
CodingHelp is a Reddit community by @DudeThatsErin, we are working together to help members of our communities learn and overcome challenges when coding. With this partnership, we will be hosting joint-community events, coding challenges, contests and more. Together we will help each other find solutions to our communities' problems. Every question or problem you and coders encounter is our problem. And we will use our resources and userbase to help each other succeed in finding a solution.
You can review the CodingHelp statement by clicking here.

With this partnership Code Forum has merged its Discord server with CodingHelp. CodingHelps Discord has a larger amount of users connected than Code Forum and makes more sense if we merged with them. You may be wondering if notifications to Discord from Code Forum will remain, the answer is yes. Any posts which are made on Code Forum will be posted on the Discord still.

I have high hopes that this partnership will bring great joy and success to our communities and help our member base succeed.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to share down below or send me a private message! :)

Thank you!
Master Yoda

Congratulations @DudeThatsErin on the partnership. I see you are also now a moderator. It's great you guys are working together. It gives the site a chance to expand and get new members to join. I look forward to seeing more of you on the site.

I'm glad to see that the site is expanding fast. I can remember when I first joined the site on my first account shortly before a hack, and I recall there being somewhere between 50-90 members on the site. Can't remember though as it was a while ago. Although to think that the site has grown this fast in only a year, amazes me.

I'd also like to congratulate on the partnership with the Reddit community. Unfortunately, it does seem a little bit dead. But hopefully, if anyone here on CF has a Reddit account, they could go over there and liven up the place a bit.

Also, you mention community-events and coding-challenges, yet there is no mention of the GitHub. I have recently noticed a repository for CF's help page for some reason, although it's been lying dormant since creation. I can understand if you're struggling for project ideas, but at the moment, I'm just curious anyway to see what's actually going to happen with the GitHub.

But anyway, here's to nearly 400 members and counting!

It's great to see a unique partnership like this. I love CodeForum & Reddit, so this should make for a great collaboration :)

Back
Top Bottom