Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Web Portals

D

Deleted member 65

There are so many web portals out there. How do I make my web portal different? Just asking generally.

Categories:
News
Live
Events
Sports
Finance
Autos
Screen
Politics
Movies
Music
Travel
Tech
TV

Am I missing any categories?

You can connect to Reddit API to grab some unique / new content
Show related videos instead of just links / articles
Make sure you use social share links
Have an active Twitter & Facebook to share interesting news
Thank you for your suggestions. Really do appreciate it.

Have you made any concepts or sketches? Remember CodeForum is to help you, we don’t want to hand you your project complete.

I am happy to show you some examples of some portals we created at Wubur :)
Many of these are still under development, so they may look strange or formatted wrong in some areas. This is because some of these pages are unfinished. However, it should give you some inspiration and ideas :)

You can check out our actual portfolio here:
https://Wubur.com/portfolio

RS, an assessment service for businesses and government organizations in New Zealand... It allows them to create extremely in depth templates for various assessments that span across multiple categories, subcategories, and sections. There are two types of assessments - general & targeted.
hBsGyIk.png

QK1IgEA.png

FKaT3EF.png

atnd0CD.png

In these next photos you are looking at a system we created that can generate portals for us. The system has a lot of different things, but here is a dynamic permissions system that makes it very easy for us to deploy new features & ensure each user role has the correct permissions.
d5VEYNh.png

lrbsh46.png

Here is a dashboard we created that allows our customer to sell his products, such as his digital business cards.
2fQL461.png

And finally, here is a portal we created for a landlord in California. He manages 3 properties from 1 dashboard, accepting/denying tenant applications, managing profiles, etc.

obUb3AZ.png

fY0Cpi5.png

Kd2wCBw.png

Last edited:
Web-Portals aren't just for News you know.

As provided by @Ghost, the Screenshot does not show News but rather shows how Web-Portals can be used for other things like Assignments and Management.
Yes, exactly what I was going to say ...
News is just a feature that a web portal can include. The main features of a web portal are: login / permission / registration, private content & dashboards. Then you can put anything you want into the web portal. News, business tools, etc.

Can anyone create a sketch up?
After looking at this, I have decided to create a Sketch-Up that can give you an idea of what a Web-Portal can look like. This is your generic News Web-Portal. It's all been done in GIMP and took about 25 minutes or so to create.

Here it is:
webportal.png

It's a simple and flat News Web-Portal that of course, contains the things you'd usually find in these sorts of Web-Portals. A Button for the Homepage, the News-Page and the Finance Page. Then on the left of the Menu, you have your Account and Buttons to access the Weather Info and your Emails.

Again, this is just a Sketch-Up to give you an example of what a News Web-Portal can look like. Believe, it isn't hard to do the Design but when it actually comes down to adding things like Accounts, it's a whole different story.

In fact, @Weboogle. I'm gonna give you a Challenge. And that Challenge is:
To try and create a News Web-Portal from scratch, USING ONLY, HTML5, CSS3 and JS. You may use the Sketch-Up provided above to get an idea of what it could look like. If you need help then you may visit w3Schools(https://www.w3schools.com) or MDN(https://developer.mozilla.org/) to get help with the coding. Once you're done, show us a Picture of the result.

After looking at this, I have decided to create a Sketch-Up that can give you an idea of what a Web-Portal can look like. This is your generic News Web-Portal. It's all been done in GIMP and took about 25 minutes or so to create.

Here it is:
View attachment 164

It's a simple and flat News Web-Portal that of course, contains the things you'd usually find in these sorts of Web-Portals. A Button for the Homepage, the News-Page and the Finance Page. Then on the left of the Menu, you have your Account and Buttons to access the Weather Info and your Emails.

Again, this is just a Sketch-Up to give you an example of what a News Web-Portal can look like. Believe, it isn't hard to do the Design but when it actually comes down to adding things like Accounts, it's a whole different story.

In fact, @Weboogle. I'm gonna give you a Challenge. And that Challenge is:
To try and create a News Web-Portal from scratch, USING ONLY, HTML5, CSS3 and JS. You may use the Sketch-Up provided above to get an idea of what it could look like. If you need help then you may visit w3Schools(https://www.w3schools.com) or MDN(https://developer.mozilla.org/) to get help with the coding. Once you're done, show us a Picture of the result.
Challenge Declined.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom