Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

PHP WebBox - Beta Thread

D

Deleted member 205

Hey everyone.

Today is officially the day that my Organization, Oxygen-Software, launches the first ever Version of it's first piece of Software, WebBox!

This Thread that you're currently on right now is a Beta-Thread. That's because right now, WebBox is still in it's early stages of Development and right now, we're looking for Feedback on what can be added, removed, changed and improved.

Here is the process for the Beta-Testing:
  1. After some time, a new Version will be Released.
  2. The new Version is announced(So, what's changed, what's been added, what's been removed etc.) and made available to Download and Test.
  3. I(@Dan-Kode), will make a new Reply detailing the new Release and where you can get it.
  4. You, the User, Download the Software and Test it on a Web-Server.
  5. You look for/at any of the Changes, Additions and Removals made for the new Release.
  6. When you're done, you submit your Review and Feedback for this Beta-Build.
  7. I'll take in your Feedback. When I do, if it's critical Feedback, it will be made an Issue and put on the Project-Boards. Your Feedback will also be taken into consideration whether it will apply to the next Release.
That's pretty much how the Beta-Process works for WebBox. A new Version is released, it's announced, you Download the Release, Test it on a Web-Server and when you're done, submit your Feedback.

And as I said, today is the day Oxygen/Oxygen-Software releases the first Version of WebBox. You can get it here: https://github.com/Oxygen-Software/WebBox/releases

The Link that I've just linked to is where you can find all of your Releases. Every Release will contain the Files and Changes from the master Branch. None of the Releases are based from any of the Development-Branches. And just so you know, you're guaranteed to get every new/modified File in every Release. As for new Files, we may hold them back onto a later Release if they're not ready.

When using a Beta-Build, please remember that these Versions of the Software are for Testing and Development-Purposes only. There will be missing Features, parts of the Software that are broken and things that are just completely unusable. DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE FOR PRODUCTION-PURPOSES PLEASE UNTIL THE SOFTWARE IS OFFICIALLY STABLE. Also, remember that the Beta-Builds are for gathering and submitting Feedback. So, what can be improved, what can be added, what needs to be removed etc. Please make sure that your Feedback is well written and is constructive and detailed. This makes getting Feedback a lot easier. And another thing. When using the Beta-Builds, don't be afraid to experiment and play around with the Software. Since WebBox is 'Open-Software', you have the right to modify it and test those modifications. You also don't need to share the modifications if you don't want to. You're modifications can be changing Colours, re-aligning things or maybe even adding a new Feature or two.

If you'd like to Contribute to any future Versions of WebBox, you can Contribute to it's GitHub Repository, here:
Note: As of writing, V0.1.0 and the next few 0.X.X Releases will be focused on improving the Design & Layout and adding new Pages to the Software. When we're done and we're happy with the Design, we'll start adding new Features.

REQUIREMENTS TO RUN
  • Apache Web-Server 2.X(Or Apache HTTP-Server) - NOTE: When I say '2.X', I mean any Version that is either 2.4 or above. Versions older than 2.4 should work but I recommend using 2.4 or newer.
  • PHP 7.2+ - NOTE: Do not use PHP 5. It is outdated and no longer being Supported. Using outdated Versions can pose a Security-Risk. Another reason not to use 5.X of PHP is because it's not what's used for WebBox as the Project uses 7.2. If you haven't upgraded your PHP Version, please do so.
  • (Not required but recommended) - Any GNU/Linux Distribution(Preferably Debian-Based Distributions) - NOTE: As to why GNU/Linux, it's because it's a lot easier to use Apache and PHP on them. You can simply install them via the Terminal and then go from there. Were as on MS Windows, you'll need to install WAMPServer and for PHP, configure your Environment Variables, which can sometimes be a pain in the neck. If you do have MS Windows but don't want to replace it then only test WebBox on WAMPServer or a Live-CD Version of a GNU/Linux Distribution.

Last edited by a moderator:
NOTE: Updated the original Post to include the Requirements to run the Software. It's not much but you'll need to have all of them if you want to test it out.

Hey everyone.

Today is the first Patch-Update to Version 0.1.X for WebBox. It's an extremely tiny Update. Just a few touches have been done, nothing special. You can get it here: https://github.com/Oxygen-Software/WebBox/releases

Also, I've adopted a new Versioning-Scheme. So instead of V0.1.X(XX/XX/XXXX) - Alpha or V0.1.X(Alpha), I've instead used, V0.1.X.a(a Means 'Alpha', b will mean 'Beta' and s will mean 'Stable'). I quite like it and thus' will be adopting it as part of Oxygen-Software's Versioning-Scheme for all of it's Projects(The Dates alongside the Version-Number will still be there).

Post a screenshot of WebBox.
Oh, well....I did plan to Post some Screenshots before but I instead wanted to leave it as a surprise. But I take it that you're not very Technical with things like Servers or that so um..... Since you insist...

Here are some Screenshots that I've taken of the Software:

Pic1.png
Pic2.pngPic3.png
Unfortunately, this is all I've got to showcase right now. The Software is still missing quite a few Pages(Login/Registration Pages, Dashboard, Software-Uploading etc.). But, I will continuously be adding more Pages as more Updates get released.

And from the Images I've given you, if you could at least, maybe see anything off in them? If you have seen anything that isn't right or needs a touch then I'll be sure to change/fix it in the next Update.

If you want to Contribute to the Project then the Link is here: https://www.github.com/Oxygen-Software/WebBox

Attachments

• Pic1.png
    Pic1.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
Oh, well....I did plan to Post some Screenshots before but I instead wanted to leave it as a surprise. But I take it that you're not very Technical with things like Servers or that so um..... Since you insist...

Here are some Screenshots that I've taken of the Software:

View attachment 239
View attachment 240View attachment 241
Unfortunately, this is all I've got to showcase right now. The Software is still missing quite a few Pages(Login/Registration Pages, Dashboard, Software-Uploading etc.). But, I will continuously be adding more Pages as more Updates get released.

And from the Images I've given you, if you could at least, maybe see anything off in them? If you have seen anything that isn't right or needs a touch then I'll be sure to change/fix it in the next Update.

If you want to Contribute to the Project then the Link is here: https://www.github.com/Oxygen-Software/WebBox
Very nice screenshots.

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom