Java What are some great places to learn Java?

Ash

Coder
I am currently programming with Java in university and was looking for some good websites that can help teach Java (including the basics all the way to the more advanced stuff). I have previously tried CodeGym but the free service they offer is very limiting. W3Schools is another site I have tried but am looking for a few more to spend my time with :)

Reactions: Malcolm

William

Active Coder
Sep 7, 2019
Welcome back to CF, @Ash!

Anyways, as for Java, @Malcolm did state CodeCademy. The answer is yes, CodeCademy does in fact, have Java Courses available but if I'm correct, you will need to a Pro-Subscription for it. Udemy is also a good place to start learning Java but mind you, you will be paying a good amount of money for them.

Other places you could look at include JavatPoint and TutorialsPoint. They'll introduce you to the basic Syntax and give basic explanations of things(In my opinion anyway. I don't use them often). But maybe check there if you're interested.

In my opinion, I think you should maybe pick up some Books about Java. If you want to find some good Books do a quick search for them online or check a Site like Quora and see what Books people recommend there. From what I've found, Books like Java: A Beginner's Guide by Herbert Schildt, Core Java Fundamentals by Cay S. Horstmann and Head First Java by Kathy Sierra are some of the popular Books among people looking to get started with Java.

So, take your time and look around. As I said, it's probably a good idea to pick up a Book or two(But just like Udemy, you'll be paying a good amount of money for them), look through Sites like TutorialsPoint for getting a basic idea of Java and maybe use CodeCademy to also learn and practice.

Good luck.

Reactions: TechWiz18