What is everyone working on?

James

New Coder
Apr 8, 2019
I am curious about what you all are currently working on, I am currently working on a new multi-purpose discord bot with some useful systems that i will use in most of my other bots (database handlers and some other stuff)

Reactions: Crow and Malcolm

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Jan 2, 2018
Canada
codeforum.org
Hello @James,

I have moved the thread to a better-suited location in 'General Discussion'! I'm currently learning Web development on Code Academy, to be more specific the command line and how to navigate through directories etc.

How's the bot coming?

Reactions: Crow

Crow

Active Coder
Sep 7, 2019
Currently, I'm continuing to learn C and Python. It's really great. I just recently bought the the Book, The C Programming Language 2nd Edition that was written by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie. Two, very famous Computer-Scientists. As for Python, I'm currently just re-iterating over what I learned from the Python Crash Course Book by Eric Matthes.

I'm also continuing to expand my Organization, Oxygen/Oxygen-Software.

Ghost

Active Coder
Apr 19, 2019
Great question...
Currently, I am working on the following (All work related):
-> Fairly large website in 3+ languages for a health nutrition site that sells products
-> Live auction real estate / property website, allowing properties all over the US to be bid on / sold 100% online
-> A website for a Sweet 16 business in NYC that allows vendors to list their services & people to plan their events w/ budgeting, etc tools
-> A website for a construction company in Maine
-> A website & business management services for a Chimney & Locksmith company in Texas
-> A natural health products site operating out of Oregon
-> A website & tenant/landlord digital portal for a landlord in San Diego with 3 properties
-> A digital business card / domain registrar / hosting company based in Arkansas
-> A daycare website / parent-teacher-administrator digital portal for a community center in CT
-> A few other projects that are smaller / just monthly SEO, marketing, etc

Of course, I am not 100% involved or doing every project alone. I am the COO at our company, so my involvement in each varies week to week, but I have to work on web pages, email/call clients, and help with related tasks. It's been a very busy last couple months because we picked up 5 of these clients in the last 60 days or so with the rest being from the last 1-2 years ongoing

Ghost

Active Coder
Apr 19, 2019
Damn, you're one busy person, I must say.
Yeah, well work consumes my life other than my time with my girlfriend, family, and friends.
But obviously I chime in here too :)

Luckily the workload shifts week to week! So, I hardly ever work on every single site every day, or every week, but I am involved enough to know what's going on, jump in when needed or when I want to, and discuss the projects with the teams & clients. For example, today my development tasks:

• ability to remove photos from the upload list (before they are actually uploaded) on the following sweet 16 dashboard pages:
    • Edit Event page
    • create Event page
    • Edit Vendor page
    • create Vendor page
  • add 20 new Vendor categories to the sweet 16 site
  • modify the search bar on the sweet 16 site
  • modify the make an offer feature on the property auction site
  • fix a bug related to the offers on property auction site
And then in between it's just phone calls & conferences.

Crow

Active Coder
Sep 7, 2019
Cool stuff. I'm also doing a bunch of other stuff but Oxygen is still what I focus on.