Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What is jQuery used for?

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Hello Coders!

I’ve seen the name jQuery for a while now but not sure what it is or what it’s purpose was?

Can someone please explain to me what it is?

It's a javascript library. And used for many types of web development projects. A much easier way to use javascript. Seems to be a lot easier in my personal opinion to use. But yeah it's a library of javascript. Many people use it for animations or even drop down navigation bars. Has lots of usage. You can even use it for different APIs.

Oh, that's neat!

So basically jQuery is made up of JavaScript prefabs and you are calling those libraries that are already built?

jQuery is basically used for doing things instantaneously without the need for a page refresh, often through CSS manipulation..

The most basic example would be a user registration form - let's say you want to disallow numbers in a Username field, you can check the data input and report back to the user whether it is valid or not once they select the next field (usually indicated with red text, a red highlighted box, an "X" image, or a combination of these).

It's pretty neat! :geek:

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom